★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Upright Bear
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 69.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Some binturongs dream of racing. Now those dreams can come true!
Run, Jump, and Roll your way to the best times while you explore worlds of unique tracks and challenges.

- Race against the clock! Find the best lines, earn medals, and try to beat your ghost.
- Use gravity by timing your rolls and landings to slopes.
- Simple 2 tap gameplay. (Or choose swipe up/down controls in options.)
- 3 beautiful worlds with unique art : Race Valley, Jungle Ruins, and Volcano Island.
- 5 original music tracks.
- Add Facebook friends as rivals and compete against them.
- Find the Ancient coins hidden in the levels.
- Choose from an assortment of hats to style your binturong.
- Play entirely for Free! Purchase the red panda or hat pack to remove ads.

Also looks and plays great on the iPad!

(*The binturong is also known as a "Bear Cat")
Note : iPhone 4s or newer recommended.

Boardumb's comments:

07-22-2015, 11:24 PM
This looks great!

Impressions edit: this game is really fun so far! It's a cool take on these physics racing/running games, easy to pay $1 to remove ads, my username is my GC if anyone wants to race!

Last edited by baldeagle86; 07-22-2015 at 11:51 PM.

07-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I totally love this kind of highscore hunting.
Worth every cent! Thank you!
07-23-2015, 01:31 PM
I can play as a red panda!!!
07-23-2015, 02:33 PM
You gotta work on your ASO. If I can't even find this thing.
07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Hey thanks for the comments so far!

The game is now searchable in the App Store.
Unfortunately it took 50 hours to show up instead of the usual 6-12. I'm not sure why and Apple support wasn't sure why either
08-04-2015, 06:34 AM
This game deserves A LOT OF more players. Did they all miss this little masterpiece of a speedrun game?
08-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Overall this is a really solid speed runner. There's enough variety in the level design and the few moves you can do to make this a bit more than the average auto running speed runner. I could see getting really competitive with my times. Thanks for the heads up about this. I do not typically spend money on iap, but the ads are not so intrusive as to make the game not worth playing. It's actually one of the better implementations of ads I've seen as they aren't on the gameplay screen.

Considering that I started to abandon ios as a viable gaming platform last year (despite the exceptional Goblin Sword & Traps N' Gemstones), it's amazing when an ios game can capture my interest. I think I'm down to just over a dozen games on my iphone now and I've purged most of my backups of ios games. It used to be such a great mecca of indie devs and stuff but without trust it's hard for me to justify spending the money when so many devs also move over to consoles, handhelds and pc. So I mainly just put my money into PSN published stuff these days... even rebuying games I own on iOS like yesterday Flying Hamster HD & King Oddball.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
08-05-2015, 01:39 PM
IMHO bintu run is unique because every single movement has to be timed perfectly. Almost every attempt gives a different time because of the VERY exact time measurement and the precise controls.
08-06-2015, 08:45 AM
I put more time in with it last night and indeed it requires some perfect timing. I'm glad this game has ghosts recorded for my fastest times, it makes it easier to know when to restart or keep going. I managed to crawl up a couple of the early leader boards but a few levels in and I started to lose the drive to keep going for scores. The ads did get a little more annoying during my grind for better scores, but as long as I was restarting before finishing a race they weren't intrusive. It was only when I improved a time and finished the race that the ads kicked in and took over. Thankfully none last more than 5 seconds.

The game isn't perfect though. At times (often after an ad) the gameplay slows down during restarts. This is cool for getting better scores as the precision needed isn't as great but then the calculations for time also get messed up a bit and it's easy to get ahead of my ghost even at the very start of a race before making any moves. It's probably an iOS8 on a 4S deal... but figured I'd make note of it incase the dev views the thread.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.