★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ClockRocket's Shotgun Granny is out and ON SALE for $0.99!

09-23-2009, 10:53 AM
ClockRocket's Shotgun Granny is out and ON SALE for $0.99!

Roll up your moo moo, and fasten your dentures, 'cause you got some aliens to kill!

SPECIAL RELEASE SALE: $0.99 for this week (66% off)

Youtube link | Pop Up

So there sat Granny, like every other day, on her porch minding her own business - when a weird metallic whine soared over the hillside. Granny got up to investigate. She looked to the sky... and it grew dark, crowded with circular shadows.

Granny knew exactly what was going on: a massive invasion by space aliens!

Keywords: game, humor, shooter, arcade, sci-fi, ufo, granny, shotgun

Features:
- Explosive shotgun blasting action!
- Online leaderboards and achievements!
- Get multiple kills per shot for huge points!
- Unlock hilarious Granny dialog with multi-kill combos!
- Surprising depth! Easy to play, but difficult to master.
- Collect Ammunition, Super-speed and Mega-bomb powerups.

Languages: English

Requirements: iPhone operating system version 2.2.1 or later

www.clockrocket.com
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Lol a granny with a shotgun, new one on me! anyone try it?

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me

09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
funny video, I'll try this when I get home.
09-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I've been looking forward to this one! Showing up as full pric in uk store at the moment. When does sale come into effect? Also, is openfeint support included?

Edit - Ok just checked openfeint is included - nice!
It shows as 59p when I do a search, but then 1.79 when I select the app.

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh

Last edited by scarypharaoh; 09-23-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Updated info
09-23-2009, 01:41 PM
just picked this up looks like a good pick up and play game. It's good that it has openfeint not having high scores and achievements on a pick up and play score based game is a deal breaker for me at this point.
09-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
just picked this up looks like a good pick up and play game. It's good that it has openfeint not having high scores and achievements on a pick up and play score based game is a deal breaker for me at this point.
Cool. Please post impressions. ClockRocket, may i offer a word of advice in that i think you should keep the introductory price for quite a while, giving you a chance to climb the charts. Maybe do a flight control, by saying its an introductory price and keeping it. And no, i do not want you just to keep it so i can buy it in a couple of weeks (although that would be nice ) just thought id say.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeboy View Post
Cool. Please post impressions. ClockRocket, may i offer a word of advice in that i think you should keep the introductory price for quite a while, giving you a chance to climb the charts. Maybe do a flight control, by saying its an introductory price and keeping it. And no, i do not want you just to keep it so i can buy it in a couple of weeks (although that would be nice ) just thought id say.

I agree. I just picked it up at .99, but with all the competition out there, this will be a price point that will sell this type of game......and it does look polished with Openfeint....etc ..........will try it out tonight !

Why are these type of games still being made without Openfeint or something similar ? It won't sell well if it's a score based game because without the competition it gets boring so fast ( just throwing that thought in randomly, nothing to do with this game)

2.99 might be too much in the current market. I feel that many games I bought at .99 are worth much more than that (and some less ! ) but that's the magic price for now for most games to sell big numbers it seems.

Looks nice

Last edited by cranker; 09-23-2009 at 02:14 PM.
09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys, please post impressions when you get a chance!
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Just had a chance to play a quick game before I leave for work and I must say, this game seems like a winner. Pick up and play goodness I will play more tonight of course but so far it is alot of fun.

Nice graphics and sound with high scores and achievements and .99 ...Go get it !

Highly recommended for some quick fun !! ....openFeint makes it addictive

good job !

How did someone get 25,000 + score ? ...........I guess I will need some practice !
09-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Initial Impressions

Clock Rocket hasn't let me down yet, and Shotgun Granny is no exception!

If you've played Pixel Ranger on Facebook, you don't need to read any further, this is the same game minus jumping & pixel art plus UFOs and one angry granny!

Graphics are of the pleasant cartoony sort, the music is country/western and very fitting, and sound effects are spot-on, although Granny is a bit more chipmunk sounding than angry granny sounding.

Gameplay is simple, but fun. You tap or swipe along the ground to move Granny, tap in the air to fire a blast of shotgun pellets. Kill UFOs, don't get hit by bombs or get captured.

The real gameplay though comes from conservation and accumulation of ammo - if you waste shots, you will run out quickly. Each UFO hit drops bullets that Granny must obtain if she intends to stay alive. You'll find yourself looking for opportunities to hit two or more UFOs in one shot to really accumulate ammo.

There are big bad UFOs that take more hits, and stand out because they're 3D! (And big, and bad!) Bullets go right through the small UFOs, but not these guys - so aim for these when there are small UFOs below them!

As if this wasn't enough in the way of UFO blasting goodness, the game has OpenFeint integration with achievements!

Some of these are pretty entertaining, especially the DEADSHOT one, which reminds me of something but I can't think of it off the top of my head...

There are a ton of Secret achievements, I am very interested in finding out what they are.

This is a great little game for a buck, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a cute game where you can blast the heck out of UFOs.

The only thing I could say about improving the game would be to make Granny a bit tougher sounding... Right now if you modulated her voice she'd sound like the baddies in Earth vs. Moon (Hmm, Granny vs Noom...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!