★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Scrappy Cat is a one-tap platformer where you jump, claw and slide through levels of increasing difficulty.

- Tap anywhere to jump, claw and slide.
- Play again quickly.
- 18 levels.
- No time limit per level. Take your time.
- Save and share your progress on Game Center.
- Replenish lives by completing a level or by watching video ads.

Scrappy Cat is made with love by Totebo, a small independent game studio.

totebo's comments:
Hi guys,

Scrappy Cat is a level based one-tap platform game allowing you to jump, claw and slide. This is my third game, following up from No Brakes and Miner Z.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I hope you like it! Suggestions and ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Niclas
07-25-2015, 08:09 PM
I played a little bit this morning. I love the way the levels are interconnected and the one tap controls are perfect. The gameplay starts out kinda easy, but then it gets challenging...which I know some forum members will appreciate.

I'm a sucker for super cute cat-centric games like this. I nominated Scrappy Cat for GoTW. I hope SC gets some well deserved attention!

07-26-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm up to level 8 and I have to say I really love Scrappy Cat! The levels get much harder and introduce new elements along the way. I'm getting a big Donkey Kong Jr vibe from Level 8 (love that!) even though I can not complete it.

Also, you can speed run each level and there are 19 GC leaderboards!

Currently, there are only 5 people in the leaderboards...what?

<sigh>
07-26-2015, 10:25 PM
It looks amazing but I don't like non premium games. I thought there was a ad remover iap but I was wrong. I might download it later just because it looks really good and it got Paul's approval.
07-26-2015, 10:33 PM
It's good! I'm on level 5 now and I didn't have to see a video ad yet but I'm almost dead and I will have to see one soon. Still very much recommended.
07-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
It's good! I'm on level 5 now and I didn't have to see a video ad yet but I'm almost dead and I will have to see one soon. Still very much recommended.
You can always restart each level without having to watch an ad. The ads only allow you to start from the last checkpoint in a level, which you have probably already figured out by now. It's kind of a cool trade off if you are having difficulty completing a level. It's a clever implementation...the ads are not necessary, but helpful if you are stuck, like I am on level 10.
07-27-2015, 07:10 AM
This is a really fun speed-runner! For some reason I could only find this thread through a Google search. Thanks paulkane for the GC challenge; I never would have found it otherwise!

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-27-2015 at 07:42 AM.
07-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Must admit i think i'll give this a try, dont normally like one button platformers but this does look quite good (and retro-ish). Hope they add an option to pay a dollar to get rid of the ad's though
07-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Must admit i think i'll give this a try, dont normally like one button platformers but this does look quite good (and retro-ish). Hope they add an option to pay a dollar to get rid of the ad's though
I only noticed small banner ads at the bottom between games, so it's not too bad, although an ad removal IAP never hurts IMO.
07-27-2015, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
I only noticed small banner ads at the bottom between games, so it's not too bad, although an ad removal IAP never hurts IMO.
Yeah it sounds like its not too bad but if i like a game i like to give some money to the dev, granted they'll get money from ad's but i would much rather send a dollar or two via an 'unlock'.