★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FUN Arcade Shmup 'Lunch War' > Free

07-26-2015, 06:22 AM
FUN Arcade Shmup 'Lunch War' > Free

Looks like we've got some hidden gems today…

Very recommended! Don't miss that, folks! Full premium. Published exactly two years ago, first sale ever!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
07-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Your not kidding! This is a hilarious gem!!!

07-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Yeah it looks too hilarious to pass up. Definitely grabbing this
07-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks for posting Habakuk!
I had not heard of this game before. It is hilarious.
I think it reminds me of a game called centipede but with people instead of monsters...,well, maybe still monsters! LOL
Is centipede the game I'm thinking of? A lot of years ago, I was hit by a drunk driver. I ended up with a brain injury and retrograde amnesia.i only remember bits and pieces from before the accident. So... I might have the game name wrong.

Lunch War is awesome!!
A lunch lady shooting at the kids stopping them from getting the fudgesickles. So funny!!

I am definitely enjoying it.
Who knows... Since I can' theme er school, maybe that' sweat it is really like! LOL kidding!

Has this dev made any other games? I could only see this one in the App Store.
07-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Foodfight! Foodfight!
Sorry but that's the first thing that came to mind and after playing I agree that its a very creative shmup. Nice gem find.
07-27-2015, 12:25 AM
^Glad that you like it. Lunch War seems to be an indie product (without pr budget). Should be mentioned in the TA homepage.

When you like it, wait until the sale is over and gift it to some1. This supports directly devs (and not the advertising industries). Can you see how those (time-limited) sales works as a "cheap" pr machine? Without sale we certainly wouldn't have known anything about that gem.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
07-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Ha! This looks amusing. I'll check it out. I like shmup and I love how the theme isn't just another generic space shooter or flying anime girl.
07-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
^Glad that you like it. Lunch War seems to be an indie product (without pr budget). Should be mentioned in the TA homepage.

When you like it, wait until the sale is over and gift it to some1. This supports directly devs (and not the advertising industries). Can you see how those (time-limited) sales works as a "cheap" pr machine? Without sale we certainly wouldn't have known anything about that gem.
Very true. I would not have known about this one if it wasn't on sale and you didn't post it.
Don't you worry. I gift apps all the time. Sometimes, if the dev has made both IOS and android, I will purchase the other format that is not on sale to help support the dev. More people should know about supporting that way as well.
Thanks again for posting!