TA reviews games that have fallen through the cracks...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by coolpepper43, Jul 28, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    As everyone knows, TA is a very influential website for ios gaming. Their reviews are usually very insightful. However, games that did not get much attention or just simply did not get reviewed get lost among the many apps that get released each week. I would love it if forum users could vote and nominate games that are over 2 months old could get a chance of a TA review. This could bring new life to dead games and help these games succeed in the market. Also, I'm sure a professional review would be great feedback for these games. What do you guys think about that?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    There used to be a reviews section but i dont think it was used much. Sounds a good idea but personally would like it if we had a rule that you had to have a minimum of 20 posts or otherwise i'm sure there'll be newbies 'suddenly' writing 5 star reviews for certain games shall i say !

Could just have a sticked thread in general with reviews of games which people add to (again not newbies)

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya, it would definitely could not be newbies. My hopes would be a front page review but anything that could boost these games would be great.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#4 Anonomation, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    I don't want people making accounts to boost a game and I also don't want people giving bad games 5 stars like they do on the AppStore. Maybe some kind of restriction? Or you can report reviews?

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I've thought about this issue too. My idea is a create a feature where a bunch of lesser releases get reviewed together. Each review could be short and less detailed. Just provide few general details and some overall impressions. It could be a way to help people find games of a certain genre that they might be interested in.

6. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    I have no idea what psj and Anonimation are talking about... What the hell do you mean with "users writing fake reviews"?

As far as I understand sir Coolpepper only suggested that TA users could vote which game should be reviewed by TA.

Or am I getting crazy? That's always a possibility...

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In the past there were reviews which were fake. You get some devs writing positive comments for their game with another account (shill posting). Voting for their own game in Game of the week etc.

Quite unbelievable some of it

Voting and nominating games would be good but I would try and set a minimum post count or there'll be the usual lot of suspicious new voters etc

I like the reviews on the front page. A thread though with reviews from users about other games would be good though

8. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    I get that about shill votes, but bringing up user reviews for no apparent reason seemed a bit off-topic.

You and other moderators have been doing a good job of keeping fake voters to a minimum, so maybe you could pull it off with Coolpepper's idea as well.

As for the idea itself, I like it. Forum members would get a review they want, a good game would get some recognition and the developer could get some money. The only downside is that the article probably wouldn't get as many hits as if the reviewer was instead reviewing a more currently popular game. But therefore we could get an interesting new column that would connect the forum and the front page more (which the TA staff has been trying to do lately anyway).