★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Noma Ladd
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 47.4 MB
  • Version: 2.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get ready for a futuristic adrenaline rush!

Race the Earth is an original racing game developed exclusively for iOS devices.

About This Game:
You are a solar craft. The sun is your death timer. Hurtle towards the sunset at breakneck speed in a futile race against time. Delay the inevitable by catching energy boosts which reverse the setting sun - if only for a moment.

Race the Earth is inspired by arcade games of the past with a focus on highscores, short game sessions, and a sense of pure fun mingled with a nerve-wracking tension. The rules are simple: don't crash, stay in the light, and don't slow down!

Features:
Race at insane speeds through an infinite procedural world that changes every day
Complete objectives to unlock upgrades and level-up your ship (25 levels)
Customize your ship with attachments like faster turning and decals
Built-in editor that allows you to create your own endless worlds

mj132's comments:

Just came across this game which is a cross between Voxel Rush 3D and Race the Sun
07-28-2015, 01:00 AM
#2
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
Getting this now.

07-28-2015, 01:12 AM
#3
Is this a joke?

The title is about as close as you can get to copyright infringment. The game description is directly ripped from Race the Sun's Steam page. How do people actually make money by practically stealing other people's hard work?

Make your own game. This is disgusting.
07-28-2015, 01:12 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
So far it's sort of meh. I do not see any objectives, decals, or a level editor. You can go through the glowing rings to get coins to get new ships but I can't even see a difference in the first new ship I bought. I also don't see how the sun effects the gameplay. It's touch controls.
07-28-2015, 01:15 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
Is this a joke?

The title is about as close as you can get to copyright infringment. The game description is directly ripped from Race the Sun's Steam page. How do people actually make money by practically stealing other people's hard work?

Make your own game. This is disgusting.
Dammit! So I just got ripped off!? Wow... I guess this will be the first time that I'm going to ask for a refund.
07-28-2015, 01:17 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Dammit! So I just got ripped off!? Wow... I guess this will be the first time that I'm going to ask for a refund.
You can't be blamed for not knowing. Race the Sun is a relatively unknown niche indie title. I bet this developer thought people wouldn't notice. Didn't even bother coming up with their own game's name or description.

But yeah, I would go straight for the refund button. If nothing else, this sort of plaigarism shouldn't be making ANY money.
07-28-2015, 01:21 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
You can't be blamed for not knowing. Race the Sun is a relatively unknown niche indie title. I bet this developer thought people wouldn't notice. Didn't even bother coming up with their own game's name or description.

But yeah, I would go straight for the refund button. If nothing else, this sort of plaigarism shouldn't be making ANY money.
Will do
07-28-2015, 03:13 AM
#8
Joined: Apr 2015
Location: Arendelle
Posts: 654
Ah, I could've spared you the 99 cents if you wouldn't rush like that into games.

This game is literally the same as X:Racer by Gaurav Gulati and X-Racer Mobile edition by App Advisory. Only that those are colored differently and free.
It shouldn't be too hard to get a refund.

As for the game itself - it's not too bad of a minigame.
09-01-2015, 09:40 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
This 💩💩💩 is still on the App Store after I reported it! I even showed them proof of the deception in the description. WTF is wrong with Apple? They can't even take care of this obvious simple problem but they are really good at rejecting legit apps. It's been a damn month!