Don't know how to program? My result after 2 years - Game of Loot

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by SuperUltraHyper, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SuperUltraHyper

SuperUltraHyper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2015
    #1 SuperUltraHyper, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    2 Years ago I had never programmed anything... well, not counting GW Basic 25 years ago. The short story is that I am a veteran game developer and one man team filling all development roles with no outside help aside from some music. It's just me and my motorcycle making games and putting around (More on this here: Gamasutra Article ) I started making games as an artist in the 90's, working on arcades like Area 51 Site 4, with Atari, and have since worked on THQ's Saints Row and Square's Just Cause 3 to name a few.

After quitting my job 2 years ago I taught myself to program and began making Game of Loot. The results are below. It's been a crazy journey. Thursday the next chapter begins. I hope it's a good one!

Cheers!

[​IMG]

You Tube Trailer:

2. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Very impressive! If you hadn't mentioned you just started 2 years ago I would have never known.

3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I would like to echo this. Do you mind if I ask what Engine (if any) you used to develop it?