★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DaVinci's Secret Machines [submitted]

09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
DaVinci's Secret Machines [submitted]

Leonardo DaVinci was revered for his technical ingenuity and love of engineering. During his lifetime, he managed to produce some 13,000 pages of diagrams, drawings, and notes which combined art and science. He devised many contraptions and engineering wonders ahead of his time, and many which could not be built with the materials and science of the day, including hydraulic pumps, crank mechanisms, and even a steam cannon.

Many of his drawings of machines and contraptions contained missing elements, as if he had not fully developed the drawings and schematics. It is said he purposely left certain items out, or put in parts that would not work, in order to prevent it from being used in harmful ways.

With that theme in mind, here is a screenshot teaser for our first release...coming in a few weeks...

And another test for a level...

That's all for now. More screenies and video coming soon...

Aboveground Systems
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
This game looks amazing, I'm definately adding it to my watch list.

How many levels will be in the game?

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
We're still playtesting and cranking them out. Art isnt final yet, and we're busy with the business side as well (phooey!), but we're going to try to give out more specifics as they come available, as well as some goodies...

We'll also try to keep folks updated via our website (which is in need of some lovin') and communicate our progress through there as well. We're gamers too and we know the importance of keeping people informed. Building high hopes and then disappointing is a no-no for us.

This is just the beginning...the next two titles in our pipeline should make people happy too

Aboveground Systems
09-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh wow, I love the theme of this game. Drop me an email at eli@toucharcade.com when you guys are a little bit closer to releasing something playable.
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I like the idea of this game, and it looks pretty cool to play too. I wanted to know if there was going to be a level creator where you could share your levels online with others or be able to share strategies for levels, similar to the system in Fantastic Contraptions.

Games I'm playing currently: Order and Chaos Online Add me!: Mudkipz223 (Mage), Relovan (Monk)
GameCenter ID: Mudkipz223 Steam ID: Relovan
~Games That I'm Beta Testing/Tested~ (13 and counting)
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM
We're still working out the social aspects of the game. We're on a tight schedule, and we're not sure how much is going to make it into the final build. We're going to have player interaction for sure, but it may end up on an update. We're making excellent progress though, so we'll see.

AbovegroundDan / @AbovegroundDan on Twitter
Developer Extraordinaire
Aboveground Systems
09-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow... Nice looking theme. Considering that I completely love Crazy Machines, this game would definitely a must buy for me

If possible, please do give us more screens or videos when you have them

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-24-2009, 12:25 AM
So is the DaVinci theme just something to play off to set the theme or is there actually going to be info about his inventions? Obviously it's more of a game than a learning tool but I really liked how California Gold Rush had facts about the actual gold rush in 1848, I didn't think it'd interest me much but it made the game really fun.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Wow this game looks amazing...also reminds me of electric box too.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Sounds (and looks!) great! Cool theme and you guys really nailed the interface. Love the parchment and wood grain. Very pleasing.

I seem to remember reading a post about developing a game based on DaVinci's drawings a few months ago. Was that you?

Any more info about the gameplay? It looks like a puzzle game where you have to construct things based on the blue prints, or maybe fill in the 'missing pieces'.