★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "10/10" - AppAdvice
"9/10" -Pocket Gamer, Gold Award
"9/10" - TouchArcade
"9/10" - 148Apps

Play the cult classic puzzle game critics are raving about! Shibuya Grandmaster is an addictive and mind-bending arcade puzzle game, in the vein of Tetris, Puyo Puyo, and Lumines. It's a challenging game, but the hardest part of all may be getting yourself to stop!

"The secret of Shibuya is that it demands skill at a whole bunch of different things at once... It's fast, furious and utterly enthralling." -Pocket Gamer

Features
- Completely original gameplay, celebrated by the PAX 10, IGF, and critics.*
- An old-school arcade experience based on developing pure skill.
- An addictive progression system which constantly teaches you to improve.
- 7 gameplay speeds, up to the impossibly fast Gentle Rain.
- 60fps silky-smooth and responsive gameplay.
- Customization via a wide variety of atmospheric backgrounds and color sets.
- 5-song licensed soundtrack.
- Colorblind-friendly color set swapping.
- Leaderboards across multiple categories to challenge your friends.

* Praise for the original Shibuya (2010):
Shibuya is a great puzzler that I recommend without hesitation. Its rare to find a fresh color-matching puzzle game, but Shibuya succeeds. -IGN
"A touch-controlled narcotic" -Gameshack
While Shibuya is very easy-to-learn, it isnt so easy to put down once you get hooked by its charms -Macworld
Selected for the PAX 10 Indie Showcase, 2010
Honorable Mention for the IGF's Best Mobile Game
IOS Indie Game Of The Year - DIYgamer

About in-app purchases: the only in-app purchases in Shibuya Grandmaster come in the form of optional, one-time purchases of additional backgrounds and color schemes, nothing that affects gameplay in any way. You can get everything available (and everything we'll ever add) at a steep discount with the Everything Forever purchase.
07-29-2015, 12:20 PM
This game is amazing, and that's before you factor in the ad-free freeness of it. Has serious Lumines vibes, in terms of art and sound. Nails its claims of simple-yet-challenging. Definitely sending money their way.

07-29-2015, 12:28 PM
I have a big stupid grin on my face right now; I played and loved the heck out of Shibuya on my good ol' iPod Touch. Welcome back, old friend.
07-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Where can I get this soundtrack? Who are the artists? I am in love.
07-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Wow, I am kinda floored right now... I loved the original Shibuya, I still have it on my phone and play it every so often. How great to have a newer, updated version. Here's hoping it has a few of the original tunes.
07-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I have a big stupid grin on my face right now; I played and loved the heck out of Shibuya on my good ol' iPod Touch. Welcome back, old friend.
Exactly \o/ and it's out, already.

Same Devs and the original disappeared from my swiss shop. I had to download it from my mac. Still playable (5s, 8.2) with old screen size.
07-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Exactly \o/ and it's out, already.

Same Devs and the original disappeared from my swiss shop. I had to download it from my mac. Still playable (5s, 8.2) with old screen size.
Aha, I didn't realise the game was out already; cheers for the heads up! I haven't played it in a few years but I'm sure it'll all come back to me, it's just like falling off a bicycle.
07-29-2015, 06:04 PM
I actually bought the EP the original Shibuya got its music from, on the strength of that game. I'll be interested to see how this newer version is.
07-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I couldn't disagree less, Andy!
07-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatter View Post
I actually bought the EP the original Shibuya got its music from, on the strength of that game. I'll be interested to see how this newer version is.
I never played the old version, but I love the music on this new one and wish the artist/ep info were in the app.