★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** DroneGP physics and graphics are very demanding check end of description for supported devices list
* NOTE: To turn on your vehicle, raise and release the left stick once race has begun.

Be a pioneer of the future of racing with DroneGP 15 !
Experience the first multi copter racing simulator and grow as a pilot of this completely new genre, mastering the controls and challenges that drone racing brings.

As in car or motorcycle racing sims, you'll have to be precise and concentrated to complete a lap successfully, learn to master curve lines and know your vehicle behaviour in every situation.
But unlike car or motorcycle racing sims, you'll have an additional dimension to exploit and keep under control, making for a unique and totally new experience.

Compete against advanced AI players that adapt to tracks dynamically and control the same vehicle as you making every race different..

Online leaderboards and multiplayer races grant never ending challenges !

The most advanced and realistic multi copter physics simulation available, all vehicles have a flight controller on board exactly as real life ones, and while not yet user tuneable, pro pilots can expect much more in the coming months, and actually help us shape the future of DroneGP on our forums or via email.

Learning to master your vehicle won't be easy, but satisfaction is assured once you get hold of the controls and forces that move your race drone.

What to expect :
- Something NEW !
- 15 total race tracks
- All tracks playable in multiplayer
- A true challenge
- Realistic FPV camera
- Rich and realistic audio design
- Great soundtrack
- Stunning graphics that push the limits of mobile devices
- The most realistic and advanced multi copter simulation available.
- Advanced user system allows for multiple users on the same device
- All progress synced with upcoming PC and Mac versions.
- Game is completely free with ads, one single in-app purchase removes them all.

*** DEVICE SUPPORT : Sorry but iPad 3, iPad Mini (first one), iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s (and older devices) are not currently supported.... We are constantly working to optimise and improve performances so we might be able to support more devices in the future but for the moment this is the list

FrozenPepper's comments:
Be a pioneer in the future of racing with DroneGP 15 !

AppStore link



Mac and Pc versions of DroneGP with support for RC remotes and general joysticks is coming soon ! In the meantime join the community to discuss about wanted feature and specific platform possibilities.

DroneGP is only the beginning, really hope you will like it and especially take part in the shaping of version 2 of the game.


We are going to release some promo codes for the single in-app purchase we have, so stay tuned to get a change to unlock the full game for free !



UPDATE :
DroneGP just got a huge update, making it now completely free with the only in-app that now removes all advertisements.
Update brings :
- Now completely free (all game playable)
- New Free Flight game mode in which to test the drones.
- Improved PID for better reactivity and handling
- New "Pro" mode with no height or inertia stabilisation.
- Re-worked height limit handling, no more crazy instability once a certain height is reached.
- Added device support for iPhone 6s plus and iPad Pro.
- Multiplayer improvements.
- A ton of other minor fixes.
07-29-2015, 11:50 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,464
Finally! Been waiting for this!! Instabuy for me!

07-30-2015, 04:10 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,021
Eck. This could have done with some more polishing. Getting stuck on scenery (colliders getting attached) and some bad regular frame drops on iPhone 6 so it's hard to get a feel for the controls. Can't really judge the flow and momentum so it doesn't feel great to swoop and take curves smoothly.

The maps seem nice enough but needs a bit more work to make it fun
07-30-2015, 04:22 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Gave this a go, it looks great and i suppose it has 'proper' drone like controls but i just find it too tricky. Would have preferred just basic buttons
07-30-2015, 06:48 AM
#5
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 374
Still have to download, but I will compare it to flying my quad (Zmr250)
07-30-2015, 09:39 AM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Eck. This could have done with some more polishing. Getting stuck on scenery (colliders getting attached) and some bad regular frame drops on iPhone 6 so it's hard to get a feel for the controls. Can't really judge the flow and momentum so it doesn't feel great to swoop and take curves smoothly.

The maps seem nice enough but needs a bit more work to make it fun
Thanks for the feedback. If stuck, press the little wrench icon to immediately reset you position at last checkpoints one. Unfortunately we where not able to improve collision handling without crippling performances on mobile, we will continue to try, but once you stop colliding it should be better.
About slowdowns, weird, iphone 6 and 5 are the devices on which we tested the most, and we didn't had slowdowns on them.. will investigate.


In general, great, great thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.


And, here is the first the promo code for DroneGP single in-app purchase : 05vXs1r7v8
to redeem it reach this website : http://www.frozenpepper.net/account/promo.activator.php either create an account or log in with a FrozenPepper account and insert the promo code. Once in game, log in with the same account and content will be unlocked (you have to complete amateur cup before being able to play other championships). We very well know that it is not the best thing for users to have to create an account to redeem a promo code, but we had no other way.

(Please report used promo codes)
07-31-2015, 04:15 AM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
Thanks for the feedback. If stuck, press the little wrench icon to immediately reset you position at last checkpoints one. Unfortunately we where not able to improve collision handling without crippling performances on mobile, we will continue to try, but once you stop colliding it should be better.
About slowdowns, weird, iphone 6 and 5 are the devices on which we tested the most, and we didn't had slowdowns on them.. will investigate.


In general, great, great thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.
Sure no problem. About the colliders issue, wouldn't just a plain old box around the drone work? Seems at the moment each blade is separate and that's what's getting stuck.

About the frame drops, it is from the start and every ~4 seconds, and absolutely regularly. Maybe something to do with GameCenter if you are checking something during gameplay (may explain why it didn't do it for you in test environment, only surfacing when game is live)? Just a thought!

Good luck!
07-31-2015, 08:00 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Sure no problem. About the colliders issue, wouldn't just a plain old box around the drone work? Seems at the moment each blade is separate and that's what's getting stuck.

About the frame drops, it is from the start and every ~4 seconds, and absolutely regularly. Maybe something to do with GameCenter if you are checking something during gameplay (may explain why it didn't do it for you in test environment, only surfacing when game is live)? Just a thought!

Good luck!
Really weird, we have two iphone 6 here and we are not able to replicate on any of them. What iOs version are you using ? Might it be an iPhone 6 plus ?
Thanks a lot for your time
07-31-2015, 10:33 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
Really weird, we have two iphone 6 here and we are not able to replicate on any of them. What iOs version are you using ? Might it be an iPhone 6 plus ?
Thanks a lot for your time
It's not a Plus and it's on 8.2.
07-31-2015, 11:06 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,464
Getting the hang of the controls. Not having hang-up problems, running 8.3 on iPad 4! Wanna play more!