Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,689
Default Square Enix's SLIDING HEROES (Lite Version Available) [Now $1.99]




LITE VERSION:





I've been playing this for the past day or so... and, uh, well... What you see in the video is what you get.

Last edited by Eli; 09-23-2009 at 11:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM
NomaD NomaD is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,493
Default

im sorry, but the games square enix have been putting in the app store so far have been crap
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Big Albie Big Albie is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Default

Well, this looks disappointing. Haven't played it so I may be surprised, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
MidianGTX MidianGTX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomaD View Post
im sorry, but the games square enix have been putting in the app store so far have been crap
...and someone crashed their car today, does that mean the same will happen the next time they drive? Square Enix on the whole are good developers, I'm judging each cases on it's merits... this game could possibly suck, but if it does I'm not going to make that decision based on a grudge.

That said, it doesn't look great. I'm babbling.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Well, this looks disappointing. Haven't played it so I may be surprised, but I doubt it.
Yep, there's really nothing to it. You spawn dudes of different classes that have slightly different abilities (Clerics have more HP and can "tank" and Mages do more damage) then you just tilt your phone to haphazardly roll your swarm of guys in the general direction that you want them to go.

There is absolutely no strategy to the game that I've been able to discern. You have no control over your individual dudes, so making a well rounded party to have a cleric tanking and your mages/fighters doing damage is pretty much impossible. You just roll your guys around, bump in to baddies, and when your dudes die you spawn more guys until you run out of life.

It makes absolutely no sense.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
nodoctors nodoctors is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,017
Default

i thought it looked pretty good. it's definitely the sort of game we'll need to try ourselves to see how well it controls. i saw some levelling up which is always a nice touch, and i like the idea of the gameplay itself. it seems a bit pricey for 7 bucks, but i'll keep an eye on it for a future sale.

i'm curious about whether there's a storyline or not.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Devilishly Good Devilishly Good is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,232
Default

maybe it's baby's 1st RPG?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM
BadSanta BadSanta is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milan,Italy
Posts: 404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Well, this looks disappointing. Haven't played it so I may be surprised, but I doubt it.
Same feel here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Big Albie Big Albie is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Yep, there's really nothing to it. You spawn dudes of different classes that have slightly different abilities (Clerics have more HP and can "tank" and Mages do more damage) then you just tilt your phone to haphazardly roll your swarm of guys in the general direction that you want them to go.

There is absolutely no strategy to the game that I've been able to discern. You have no control over your individual dudes, so making a well rounded party to have a cleric tanking and your mages/fighters doing damage is pretty much impossible. You just roll your guys around, bump in to baddies, and when your dudes die you spawn more guys until you run out of life.

It makes absolutely no sense.
I'm disappointingly not surprised. Oh well, so much for this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Closter Closter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 205
Default

Not falling for it this time. More crap from square.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent