Universal The Nauts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AndreWeiss, Jul 29, 2015.

1. AndreWeiss

AndreWeiss Member

Sep 21, 2011
    #1 AndreWeiss, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Hello everyone!

After I had trouble getting feedback for a custom iOS keyboard I developed, I decided to make a game to promote my endeavor and it is finally ready:

The Nauts - Ahto Edition

As you might have guessed, it is based on a game called 'The Nauts' and includes an unmodified version of it's 'Classic' mode.

The other two modes are intended for getting to know 'Ahto'.

Baseline goal of the game is to avoid that the eponymous nauts collide with each other while they roam the screen and collect stars.

In classic mode, this is done by tapping a naut, thereby firing its thruster.

For Ahto, tapping is replaced by entering the letter displayed above a nauts’ head.
    The challenge here is the design of Ahto, which only provides 8 keys.
    To be able to enter all 26 letters of the alphabet, a combination of up to three fingers has to be used.
    Well.. for iPads, that is.. (as Ahto was mainly developed for tablets)
    For iPhones, four additional keys are enabled, each activating the main keys positioned to its left and right when pressed.
    This reduces the number of at once required fingers to two and is mainly intended for thumbs input.
    First key to be pressed for a certain letter is always the one the letter is displayed on.
    When additional keys are required, it is depicted through numbers at the foot of the letter.
    Here, ‘1’ points to the leftmost and ‘8’ to the rightmost key.

Feel free to test this out and let me know what you think!

Best regards,

André