★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: D/Generation was an acclaimed game on PC, Amiga and ST back in the 1990s. Developed from the original source code by the original Amiga & ST programmer, this app has the complete game beloved of many, the first level is free with the full game available with an InApp purchase.
For newcomers to the game, you are a delivery man tasked with delivering a package to a large corporation. Once there you discover the building has been taken over by biogen weapons and there are many people that need to be rescued. You take on the task of rescuing these people and discovering what went wrong.
Played over 10 levels of interconnecting rooms, this version is the basis for the new D/Generation HD that will be released in Q4 2015 on most consoles.

Supports MFi controllers.
07-29-2015, 08:58 PM
wow, this was one of my favourites games back in the Amiga days!!!

but... WTF!!! it doesn't work, at least for me... i have only a black screen

07-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Working for me.
It ignores the sound mute switch on my phone though.

No idea what this game is. Had a quick go and it's got the movement and action controls around the wrong way from conventional (southpaw?)
07-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Wasnt keen on the controls as they're to me the wrong way round, should be controls on the left, buttons on the right. Tried it but just couldnt get into it due to the controls

Just had an email back from the dev who said theres an update in a few days with the option to reverse the controls so thats great.

I vaguely remember this from the Amiga years of the early 90's. Free to try, 69p to unlock the full game

Last edited by psj3809; 07-30-2015 at 04:25 AM.
07-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Black screen, nothing else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
wow, this was one of my favourites games back in the Amiga days!!!

but... WTF!!! it doesn't work, at least for me... i have only a black screen
Same here. Black screen iPad 2 with iOS 7.12. Hopefully Mr. Cook reads this and fixes the problem soon.

OMG I loved this game. Unique mix of storyline and dexterity/puzzle action. The 8-bit graphics were already dated back then, but the creepy atmosphere was top-notch. @GWARMAXX Did you ever play this on Christmas day? Only then there's a christmas tree in the foyer. Nice easter egg ;-)

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
07-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Same here. Black screen iPad 2 with iOS 7.12. Hopefully Mr. Cook reads this and fixes the problem soon.

OMG I loved this game. Unique mix of storyline and dexterity/puzzle action. The 8-bit graphics were already dated back then, but the creepy atmosphere was top-notch. @GWARMAXX Did you ever play this on Christmas day? Only then there's a christmas tree in the foyer. Nice easter egg ;-)
REALLY??? sadly i've never played it on christmas, would like to see it!

anyway, they're kickstarting a remake with new grafx, have you seen their website?

edit> i'm also on iOS 7.1.2, guess that's the problem

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 07-30-2015 at 08:04 AM.
07-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Worth contacting the dev as he said hes on the lookout for any issues. Theres an update coming soon.

I emailed them via the page on itunes and he quickly got back to me
07-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Worth contacting the dev as he said hes on the lookout for any issues. Theres an update coming soon.

I emailed them via the page on itunes and he quickly got back to me
i've emailed them too yesterday, but unanswered for now...
07-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
REALLY??? sadly i've never played it on christmas, would like to see it!

anyway, they're kickstarting a remake with new grafx, have you seen their website?

edit> i'm also on iOS 7.1.2, guess that's the problem
Just been there, amazing! They even consider a first-person-version. Sadly they're still far from reaching their financial objective. I'd join in, weren't it for the fact that I practically do not play on PC anymore since I got an iPad.

edit: Just received an email from the main programmer, who told me he would submit a fix for us iOS 7 users soon *sigh*

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 07-30-2015 at 08:36 AM.
07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Just been there, amazing! They even consider a first-person-version. Sadly they're still far from reaching their financial objective. I'd join in, weren't it for the fact that I practically do not play on PC anymore since I got an iPad.

edit: Just received an email from the main programmer, who told me he would submit a fix for us iOS 7 users soon *sigh*
good news!