Everspace by Galaxy on Fire developers (UNOFFICIAL)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kenan2000, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #1 Kenan2000, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    It's going to be a roguelike space shooter that is made by old GoF team,right now it is only indicated for pc.
    HOWEVER,one of them said that there will be a stretch goal for an IOS version of Everspace when it hits Kickstarter on August 6th , so it will be up to us!

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/EVERSPACE/news.asp?c=66773

2. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Jaw Dropping! Hope they can pull it off!

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    damn, i want this like now! GOF2HD has been my favourite space shooter game until now(still irreplaceable). did they change their name to rockfish now?what is happened with fishlabs?

4. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    #4 Kenan2000, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Fishlabs pretty much broke,the old GoF team left a long time ago.They are Rockfish now I guess.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  6. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Come on guys.
    It is NOT confirmed for ios YET,it will be kickstarted in August 6th,I hope that you'll participate.

7. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    thanks. ill definitely support them on kickstarter.

8. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Everspace Kickstarter campaign launched today and obviously it looks amazing.

But (no surprise here) it won't be available on mobile platforms as they say in their campaign description:

I'm sad to see once the biggest and best developer of mobile games move on from the mobile platform.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see they moved on from the toxic mobile market, and didn't get pressured into making crappy mini-games. I hope Everspace gets succesfully funded.

9. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is great news for a console gamers but sad one for mobile gamers at the same time. why not make a stretch goal, for ex, your goal is $1million funded but if you guys can reach $1.5mill within certain range of time then you will port this game to mobile. don't underestimate the power of mobile game community nowadays. 2008-2012 might be a bad luck for a AAA mobile developers but i believe thats not the case now in 2015. if you make a great games then people will buy it for sure.
    anyway, rush to kickstarter now.......................

ps. thank for the heads up elsa :D

10. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #10 Elsa, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    I contacted them about this, because they said that there will be a stretch goal for mobile on their twitter account.

As you can see, the stretch goals list isn't fully revealed yet, so I'm guessing it's somewhere in there but they didn't want to exactly boast with a mobile version in their kickstarter campaign. Smart move, since mobile games don't have a good reputation in any other gaming community and this could lead to people thinking that this is a cheap game and would turn them away from backing it. This is just a guess though.

It's getting worse by the year.

Did you know there was a 3D open-world Elder Scrolls game released for mobile devices back in 2004? Well, in 2015 we are getting an Elder Scrolls card game!

Woohoo.

Woohoo, indeed...

11. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    So as I said, I contacted them and they replied within a couple of hours, here's the exchange:

So as you can see, the answer to the current situation is simple and obvious: the market.

12. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    lol, big thumb for the ngage QD. i have both ngage back in the days. again, thanks for being so informative and sharing with us here elsa :)

13. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Another update

Michael (CEO of Rockfish) wasn't too straight up about the mobile version stretch goal before, but now it's official (as official as you consider a screenshot of a portion of a second hand PM):

[​IMG]

The mobile version stretch goal is in there, and if I had to estimate it is somewhere at or after the 1 Million $ mark. Which is a shame, since current projections show the campaign will 'only' reach about 600.000 $

To anyone who wants Galaxy on Fire 3, this is it (and more). Back it.