★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Everspace by Galaxy on Fire developers (UNOFFICIAL)

07-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Everspace by Galaxy on Fire developers (UNOFFICIAL)

It's going to be a roguelike space shooter that is made by old GoF team,right now it is only indicated for pc.
HOWEVER,one of them said that there will be a stretch goal for an IOS version of Everspace when it hits Kickstarter on August 6th , so it will be up to us!

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=66773

Last edited by Echoseven; 07-30-2015 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Parsing for url
07-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Jaw Dropping! Hope they can pull it off!

07-30-2015, 03:34 PM
damn, i want this like now! GOF2HD has been my favourite space shooter game until now(still irreplaceable). did they change their name to rockfish now?what is happened with fishlabs?

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

07-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
damn, i want this like now! GOF2HD has been my favourite space shooter game until now(still irreplaceable). did they change their name to rockfish now?what is happened with fishlabs?
Fishlabs pretty much broke,the old GoF team left a long time ago.They are Rockfish now I guess.

Last edited by Kenan2000; 07-30-2015 at 05:24 PM.
07-31-2015, 07:49 AM
God damn
07-31-2015, 07:37 PM
Come on guys.
It is NOT confirmed for ios YET,it will be kickstarted in August 6th,I hope that you'll participate.
08-01-2015, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Fishlabs pretty much broke,the old GoF team left a long time ago.They are Rockfish now I guess.
thanks. ill definitely support them on kickstarter.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

08-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Everspace Kickstarter campaign launched today and obviously it looks amazing.

But (no surprise here) it won't be available on mobile platforms as they say in their campaign description:

Quote:
MOBILE IS OUR PAST - PC AND CONSOLE ARE OUR FUTURE

ROCKFISH Games is a studio founded by Michael Schade and Christian Lohr who previously founded and have run FISHLABS Entertainment for almost ten years. Pretty much the whole team who created the Galaxy on Fire series has joined and we are super happy that we got the band back together – YEAH!

If you are a PC or console only player you may not have heard of us before, but we take pride in having built one of the very best mobile games studios in the world with dozens of console-style 3D mobile titles with millions of happy players around the globe.

We have won numerous awards for our games and in 2011 became "Best German Games Studio" based on our pioneer work and consistent performance in 3D mobile gaming.

While our heritage is AAA mobile gaming we are super excited about PC and console games. Equipped with the unlimited possibilities of Unreal Engine 4 and the rendering power of new consoles and gaming PCs we are thrilled to create outstanding gaming experiences as an independent studio built by veterans with more than ten years of joint(!) team experience in creating space games.
I'm sad to see once the biggest and best developer of mobile games move on from the mobile platform.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see they moved on from the toxic mobile market, and didn't get pressured into making crappy mini-games. I hope Everspace gets succesfully funded.
08-08-2015, 02:51 PM
this is great news for a console gamers but sad one for mobile gamers at the same time. why not make a stretch goal, for ex, your goal is $1million funded but if you guys can reach $1.5mill within certain range of time then you will port this game to mobile. don't underestimate the power of mobile game community nowadays. 2008-2012 might be a bad luck for a AAA mobile developers but i believe thats not the case now in 2015. if you make a great games then people will buy it for sure.
anyway, rush to kickstarter now.......................

ps. thank for the heads up elsa

08-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Quote:
this is great news for a console gamers but sad one for mobile gamers at the same time. why not make a stretch goal, for ex, your goal is $1million funded but if you guys can reach $1.5mill within certain range of time then you will port this game to mobile.
I contacted them about this, because they said that there will be a stretch goal for mobile on their twitter account.

As you can see, the stretch goals list isn't fully revealed yet, so I'm guessing it's somewhere in there but they didn't want to exactly boast with a mobile version in their kickstarter campaign. Smart move, since mobile games don't have a good reputation in any other gaming community and this could lead to people thinking that this is a cheap game and would turn them away from backing it. This is just a guess though.

Quote:
2008-2012 might be a bad luck for a AAA mobile developers but i believe thats not the case now in 2015.
It's getting worse by the year.

Did you know there was a 3D open-world Elder Scrolls game released for mobile devices back in 2004? Well, in 2015 we are getting an Elder Scrolls card game!

Woohoo.

Woohoo, indeed...

Last edited by Elsa; 08-08-2015 at 04:29 PM.