Time Spent Playing Games vs. Discussing Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klink, Jul 30, 2015.

?

Time Spent Playing Video Games vs. Discussing Video Games

1. 100% Gaming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 75% Gaming / 25% Discussing Video Games

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. 50% Gaming / 50% Discussing Video Games

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 25% Gaming / 75% Discussing Video Games

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 100% Discussing Video Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #1 klink, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    One of my guilty pleasure is that I love discussing video games probably as much as love playing video games. On average I spend as much time reading, writing, and talking about video games as I do actually playing them. This is one of the big reasons why I signed up to be a Patron supporter of TA which isn't something I usually do.

So how much time does everyone else spend discussing games versus playing them?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Very guilty of this. I'm probably more at 70%.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Recently been finding more time to play than discuss, but i'd say it's still 50/50.

Work is in front of a computer so gaming wasnt impossible when im not busy, but the forums is definitely accessible the whole time.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I forgot to add watching twitch and mobcrush streams to the list of gaming related activities.

5. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    About half and half. There are some games that are just more fun to play than talk about, or don't have much to talk about. Others, both. Then there are some that I definitely enjoy talks of the game itself and strategy. The topic broadens if we expand to designer diaries, technical talks, promotional tie-ins, and news related crossovers.