★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Game of Loot: A FREE and fresh take on the classic Dungeon Crawler meeting Puzzle Tile Gameplay! Battle through dungeons inspired by match 3 and collapse games and blended with item crafting abilities and an RPG inventory!

Search for loot, craft items, and outfit your raiders with the best equipment possible. But plan your attacks well, you'll face battles requiring strategy and quick reaction to defeat your foes!

*4.5 of 5 Star Rating: "The most fun I've had since becoming bored with Candy Crush" -Fria Gordo

LOOT each dungeon you raid for riches!
COLLECT the ingredients and recipes you find in your inventory
CRAFT your own Weapons and Armor from the Loot you've found
EQUIP your Raiders with the best items you can
BUILD the most powerful raiding party possible

Its part Puzzle Tile Game, part Role Playing Game!

THINK before you move to deal the most damage possible
QUICK reaction will be needed. Gameplay is fast and exciting!
DODGE magical attacks that change the tile board
ATTACK after building the most damage dealing combo possible
REVIVE your fallen Raiders as a last resort

====NOTES====
A network connection is NOT required to play.
Game of Loot is free to play but real money can be used to acquire new equipment and revive fallen Raiders. If this is something that you don't want to be available to you, just disable in-app purchases via your device settings.

====FRIEND, FOLLOW, and LIKE====
Facebook: http://fb.com/GameOfLoot
Twitter: http://twitter.com/GameOfLoot
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104519104544696262110/104519104544696262110/about

Boardumb's comments:

07-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Very funny and simple to play. I don't see timers or anything like that for now. I can't stop playing!!

07-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Best match three in a long time. Top 5 game this year. If you like match 3s this has a unique game style u will have to try.
07-31-2015, 03:12 AM
Wow. Really impressed. Best Game of the week.
07-31-2015, 03:20 AM
Wow lots of nice impressions. I guess I'll have to try it out myself. Interesting not many people have posted on here about it.

I do like how they stated you don't need Internet to play. That's always a plus.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
07-31-2015, 04:44 AM
Looked interesting at first blush, turned out to be one of the dullest match-3 hybrids I've played in a long while. If you're looking for a match-3 RPG or dungeon crawling experience, this isn't it.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
07-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Is it me, or is the art style ripped straight from different movies?

The wizard looks like Ian Mckellan, the red monster is from Star Wars episode 2 and the medusa is from Clash of Titans.
It's like they took a screen cap, then drew over it in Photoshop then added a body.

Oh and let's not forget the obvious Groot.
07-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Looked interesting at first blush, turned out to be one of the dullest match-3 hybrids I've played in a long while. If you're looking for a match-3 RPG or dungeon crawling experience, this isn't it.
The gameplay is the gameplay I guess...and if you don't like the core concept I can respect that. However, it may start off pretty slow but it gets quite a bit more complex and strategic as the game progresses. I have played through all the content 4-5 or five times and the first 10-15% (2-4 hours), you can make the argument as to how simple it is. I get it. More over, this is actually my biggest concern...pacing and ramping progress to keep players interested as more mechanics are added. It was and still is a struggle for me to balance easy in the beginning (as to not scare off the casual players) while enticing the hard core guys, like I imagine you might be.

I've thought about it a lot and am still on the fence as to balancing that.

For what it's worth, each of the monsters after the Spider, Snake, and Wasp have different game mechanics that will add complexity to the game. Just wait! You'll know what I mean as more monster types are added!

Thanks for the feedback though!

Kenny of Super Ultra Hyper
www.gameOfLoot.com
07-31-2015, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsinjapan View Post
Is it me, or is the art style ripped straight from different movies?

The wizard looks like Ian Mckellan, the red monster is from Star Wars episode 2 and the medusa is from Clash of Titans.
It's like they took a screen cap, then drew over it in Photoshop then added a body.

Oh and let's not forget the obvious Groot.
It's not just you. Here is the truth... I've been an a environment artist for the last 2 decades. I taught myself to program in order to make this game. I'm not a character artist at all so I got as much reference and inspiration as I could from characters I thought where really great - like Groot as you mentioned. It is what it is. However, if the game makes money I'll hire someone to help me with that part next time. The characters were easily the toughest part for me. Here's my portfolio if your interested...As you can tell, characters are not my forte.

Kenny of Super Ultra Hyper
www.gameOfLoot.com
07-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Is it endless or are there a certain number of levels?