★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Patreon Backer Forum Titles Are in Place

07-30-2015, 04:58 PM
#1
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,711
Patreon Backer Forum Titles Are in Place

Hey guys,

So we've been doing a Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/toucharcade?ty=h

It's going pretty well, and as part of the backer rewards we offered little forum perks in the form of custom titles that appear under people's names. If you take a look around, you'll notice some among our forum members. If you want one too, toss a couple bucks our way on Patreon. We don't have the process totally automated yet to pull over backers to the forums, so we need to do it manually. Give us a little bit to get things processed and your forum flair should be up as soon as possible.

If you're already a backer and didn't get your appropriate forum flair, please let us know. The only real identifying info we have to go off of is the email you used for the forums and the email you used on Patreon, so if those don't line up we didn't appropriately flag your forum account. Update one or the other, and give us a shout, and we'll get you fixed up.

Thanks everyone!
07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
#2
Cool, thanks! You can never wear too much 'flair'!

Tom Bowen, Thinkerton Games
www.thinkertongames.com
Games:
Cubix Challenge

07-31-2015, 06:01 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkerton Games View Post
Cool, thanks! You can never wear too much 'flair'!
15 is the minimum, ok? Now you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum or uh–well like Brian for example has 37 pieces of flair, ok, and a terrific smile.

Look, people can get iPhone game news anywhere, ok? They come to TouchArcade for the atmosphere and the attitude, ok? That's what the flair's about, it's about fun.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
08-04-2015, 05:24 AM
#4
Iv backed you guys.. I can has my flair now
08-05-2015, 07:25 PM
#5
After using this site and forums for the past few weeks I decided to toss a few quid your way as a thank you.
But after looking into this I changed my mind (sorry)
This isn't a moan or complain and I'm not asking you to change anything, just giving you my point of view for what it's worth.
I was going to sign up for a few quid a month, not a lot (as I'm on a tight budget) but a little is better than nothing huh?
Then I spotted the forum markers which say if you are a bronze or silver donater and I have to admit that was what put me off.

Why? Well because I can only afford to donate a little so would be tagged with the bronze tag meaning I'm quite poor/cheap/mean etc etc.
Yes that's the reason, I didn't want to be looked down upon because I cannot afford to pay a larger sub. Not saying for one moment anyone would insult me for it, but I'd feel guilty, I'd feel like I'm not doing enough. Sorry, it's just my mindset.

Again, not complaining at all, just giving my feelings and reason for changing my mind.
08-05-2015, 08:14 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
After using this site and forums for the past few weeks I decided to toss a few quid your way as a thank you.
But after looking into this I changed my mind (sorry)
This isn't a moan or complain and I'm not asking you to change anything, just giving you my point of view for what it's worth.
I was going to sign up for a few quid a month, not a lot (as I'm on a tight budget) but a little is better than nothing huh?
Then I spotted the forum markers which say if you are a bronze or silver donater and I have to admit that was what put me off.

Why? Well because I can only afford to donate a little so would be tagged with the bronze tag meaning I'm quite poor/cheap/mean etc etc.
Yes that's the reason, I didn't want to be looked down upon because I cannot afford to pay a larger sub. Not saying for one moment anyone would insult me for it, but I'd feel guilty, I'd feel like I'm not doing enough. Sorry, it's just my mindset.

Again, not complaining at all, just giving my feelings and reason for changing my mind.
I'm not really seeing your logic. But if your worried about having a bronze marker I'm pretty sure you could notify Eli that you don't want a marker and they'll won't give you one. Or you could donate less than the minimum threshold for bronze and you'll won't get anything. Or you could donate nothing with is prefectly ok too.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
08-06-2015, 07:05 PM
#7
Thank you, I guess I could ask if they would not add it.
08-07-2015, 12:40 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii (ex-pat from England)
Posts: 148
Or ... you can select the lowest tier , but input a higher donation. So you wouldn't get the flared trousers. I think that's how Patreon works, kinda like Kickstarter.

Last edited by squirpe; 08-07-2015 at 12:59 AM.
10-04-2015, 07:04 AM
#9
Do we need to do anything to get the forum badge?
Started backing a couple of weeks ago, but still no joy

Cheers,
Tommy
10-04-2015, 03:23 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thas-studios View Post
Do we need to do anything to get the forum badge?
Started backing a couple of weeks ago, but still no joy

Cheers,
Tommy
Yes.. see under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
If you're already a backer and didn't get your appropriate forum flair, please let us know. The only real identifying info we have to go off of is the email you used for the forums and the email you used on Patreon, so if those don't line up we didn't appropriately flag your forum account. Update one or the other, and give us a shout, and we'll get you fixed up.Thanks everyone!
just pm Eli