★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cosmonautica requires at least: iPad 3. Generation or better with minimum 1GB RAM.
For optimal performance we recommend at least an iPad Air (2013), iPad mini 2 or iPhone 6

Note: The app could crash sometimes, due to some problems regarding some UI middleware elements. We can't update this at this moment since the game engine used for Cosmonautica isn't updated anymore. If that bothers you, please request a refund and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cast off! Are you ready for some hilarious adventures in outer space?

Start by boarding a washed-up space cruiser and fulfill your destiny as an aspiring captain on the hunt for fame and fortune. Cosmonautica combines elements of space trading and crew simulation to create a unique experience. Only if you take good care of your crew you will be able to succeed.

Do you have what it takes to become the best trader, smuggler, pirate or even space taxi? Its your choice!

Features:

* Simulated Galaxy - Cosmonautica offers a detailed and amusing trading simulation gameplay that challenges you among others with pirate attacks, diverse quests and unique crew members. Explore a dynamic and procedurally generated galaxy. Every game is different!

* Crew Management - Sign up to eight exceptional and lovable crew members to create a ragtag team of the universes best and brightest. Take care of your crew and promote them to reach their full potential. Only if they fit together well and are satisfied, you are able to get the optimum out of your space ship.

* Elaborate Trading Simulation - Trade a variety of goods, including some rare and illegal, with fellow space merchants while exploring the solar systems. Explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading over many solar systems - each with its own traits.

* Lively Story & World - Meet unique characters while you embark on a campaign to unveil the secret of a container and the mysterious past of your board A.I. N1L. Or just roam freely through the galaxy in sandbox mode.

* One-of-a-Kind Ships - Choose from a range of ship types, equip your vessel with upgradeable rooms and customize your ship's appearance for even more individuality.

* Exciting Space Battles - Command demanding space clashes against enemy ships with crafty maneuvers and tactical actions during encounters. Directly attack or outsmart your enemies by using your hackers ability. Or pick the peaceful route and choose diplomacy.

* Cross-Platform Play - Cosmonautica supports cross-platform save games, which will allow you to play the same game on PC and take it on the go with your tablet or other suited devices.

Imprint: http://cosmonautica.com/imprint.html

touchy85's comments:

Cosmonautica

Chasing Carrots
Genres: Games Adventure Simulation
$8.99 NZD

Quote:
Cast off! Are you ready for some hilarious adventures in outer space?

Start by boarding a washed-up space cruiser and fulfill your destiny as an aspiring captain on the hunt for fame and fortune. Cosmonautica combines elements of space trading and crew simulation to create a unique experience. Only if you take good care of your crew you will be able to succeed.

Do you have what it takes to become the best trader, smuggler, pirate or even space taxi? It’s your choice!

Features:

* Simulated Galaxy - Cosmonautica offers a detailed and amusing trading simulation gameplay that challenges you among others with pirate attacks, diverse quests and unique crew members. Explore a dynamic and procedurally generated galaxy. Every game is different!

* Crew Management - Sign up to eight exceptional and lovable crew members to create a ragtag team of the universe’s best and brightest. Take care of your crew and promote them to reach their full potential. Only if they fit together well and are satisfied, you are able to get the optimum out of your space ship.

* Elaborate Trading Simulation - Trade a variety of goods, including some rare and illegal, with fellow space merchants while exploring the solar systems. Explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading over many solar systems - each with its own traits.

* Lively Story & World - Meet unique characters while you embark on a campaign to unveil the secret of a container and the mysterious past of your board A.I. N1L. Or just roam freely through the galaxy in sandbox mode.

* One-of-a-Kind Ships - Choose from a range of ship types, equip your vessel with upgradeable rooms and customize your ship's appearance for even more individuality.

* Exciting Space Battles - Command demanding space clashes against enemy ships with crafty maneuvers and tactical actions during encounters. Directly attack or outsmart your enemies by using your hacker’s ability. Or pick the peaceful route and choose diplomacy.

* Cross-Platform Play - Cosmonautica supports cross-platform save games, which will allow you to play the same game on PC and take it on the go with your tablet or other suited devices.

Cosmonautica requires at least: iPad 3. Generation, iPad mini 2, iPhone 6

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.1

Download Size: 161.6MB

07-31-2015, 01:07 PM
gameplay video

07-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Anyone know if this will run okay in iPod touch 5th gen? Just wondering before I make the purchase ... Wouldn't want to spend the 9$ and then it not work okay! It says compatible with iPod touch on the App Store so
07-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
Anyone know if this will run okay in iPod touch 5th gen? Just wondering before I make the purchase ... Wouldn't want to spend the 9$ and then it not work okay! It says compatible with iPod touch on the App Store so
It only has half a gig of memory, so I'm not sure.
07-31-2015, 02:37 PM
I love, love, love space sims. However I've heard a few things regarding this game that puts me into a holding pattern for right now. I'm going to wait until some early adopters provide comments or a review or two pours in. I'm hoping for the best.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
07-31-2015, 02:54 PM
So I gave in and bought it to see if it would work on my touch and to anyone who has one and is wondering if it works - don't buy it! It just crashes after a few minutes each time. That being said though it looks great judging by the videos I seen!
07-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Just a quick note if you thinking of buying it for your phone don't. As you won't able to see some of the icons on star map even on my iPad Air 2 they are Very tiny.

I got this on my PCs and it looks like a straight port from PC. There mentions of using your mouse to clear a windows that maybe open.

The graphics wise they are not as sharp as they are on PCs so I'm left to think they not using the retina or metal but could be wrong.

One thing on iOS it's 4.99 on PCs its 10.99

I post more as i play that keep Eli happy in reference to the amount of videos being posted.
07-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Just a quick note if you thinking of buying it for your phone don't. As you won't able to see some of the icons on star map even on my iPad Air 2 they are Very tiny.

I got this on my PCs and it looks like a straight port from PC. There mentions of using your mouse to clear a windows that maybe open.

The graphics wise they are not as sharp as they are on PCs so I'm left to think they not using the retina or metal but could be wrong.

One thing on iOS it's 4.99 on PCs its 10.99

I post more as i play that keep Eli happy in reference to the amount of videos being posted.
Yup! No retina, low framerate, crashes... On an iPad Air 2 nonetheless!
This port needs to be patched ASAP. Such a shame, I was really looking forward to it...

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
07-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Really sad to hear that the port is a mess.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
07-31-2015, 07:24 PM
I picked it up for my 6+ anyways. Glad to see all the feedback already though. I'm guessing it will receive a patch fairly quickly as this is the crutch/make or break moment. And this game is far too original not to get the love, sales and shining reviews it deserves.

Last edited by rezn; 07-31-2015 at 10:14 PM.