★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Ball, Created by 13-Year-Old

09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
X-Ball, Created by 13-Year-Old

Hi Everyone!

I'm 13 years old and I created the game X-Ball. It's a simple physics game where you guide a ball through mazes with your finger. Gravity makes the game fun and addictive. The link is:

http://www.itunes.com/apps/x-ball

You can also find promo codes in the Promo Codes section.

Enjoy!
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Shill reviews FTL

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I would definitely encourage you to continue developing games, but at this stage in the AppStore's life, I just don't think there are any people who would buy a game that looks like this.

Offering this game for free would be your best bet to get your name out there, but even then, you may want to hold these games back until you get a few different apps under your belt and work on the art style some more.

Don't give up, though. In any line of work (art, music, programming, etc.), everyone has about 1,000 bad designs before they finally develop the skills the pull off something great.
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Shill reviews FTL
I liked the part that said "drewse productions is an up and coming powerhouse in the app world". Watch out Gameloft, your days are numbered.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I liked the part that said "drewse productions is an up and coming powerhouse in the app world". Watch out Gameloft, your days are numbered.
lmfao, i heard gameloft is closing up shop tomorrow to make way for the future "drewse"

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I would stay away from marketing games on your age as well. If your games are great, they shouldn't need a gimmick that has nothing to do with them.
Besides, a lot of people may be put off, as it sounds more like a novelty.
I was writing, recording, and performing music at age 11. I know computer wizards who are younger than 10.
We are all just people, you would be surprised at how little age means anymore. I think it will do more bad than good, but who knows
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
You guys are really getting crazy about the shill review thing. I say this game is pretty decent to be made by a 13 year old. I know I sure as hell wasn't doing anything half as productive when I was 13. So what if he gave away some promo codes and had his friends leave some positive review? I've yet to talk to a developer that doesn't do this on some level.

So seriously, give it a rest.
09-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I would stay away from marketing games on your age as well. If your games are great, they shouldn't need a gimmick that has nothing to do with them.
Besides, a lot of people may be put off, as it sounds more like a novelty.
I was writing, recording, and performing music at age 11. I know computer wizards who are younger than 10.
We are all just people, you would be surprised at how little age means anymore. I think it will do more bad than good, but who knows
i agree with your first sentence, but you lost all self respect after then with the plug. cool it down rock starrr
09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't particularly care about shill reviews, I just like the funny parts.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
You guys are really getting crazy about the shill review thing. I say this game is pretty decent to be made by a 13 year old. I know I sure as hell wasn't doing anything half as productive when I was 13. So what if he gave away some promo codes and had his friends leave some positive review? I've yet to talk to a developer that doesn't do this on some level.

So seriously, give it a rest.
I would respect developers a whole lot more if they stressed strongly when giving out promo codes for people to be completely honest about the app. If an app has 10-15 five-star reviews at launch, all touting (in 1 line with no details, mind you) that it's the "BEST THING EVAR!!!," it's as if the app has no feedback at all. Completely useless to anyone.