★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Invictus
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Picosaic - A REAL 3D PUZZLE

Just rotate and scale the segments set in space to reproduce the given picture. Easy to play challenging to master.
One of its kind art design & simple, fun gameplay.

Play on more than 50 levels through carefully customized pictures.
Sublimely presented pictures are split up into more and more segments as you make progress in the game which makes reproduction more difficult. The shorter time you complete a level the higher you get on the local or online ranking list.
Each level has its own ranking so you can match yourself against the others even if its a player on your own device or anywhere else in the world.

Moreover, if you are through with reproducing the stock pictures you can even import your own ones to play with.

REVIEW
"A relaxing puzzle title with a good amount of content, fluid controls and a tranquil atmosphere."
www.weplayiphone.com

FEATURES
- unique and modern art design
- save game progresses of endless number of players within the family or with friends
- submit and compare your achievements online
- more than 50 increasingly challenging levels through carefully customized pictures
- import your own pictures and set the number of splits
- play in-game music or anything from your iPhone/ iPod Touch

Follow us on Twitter @InvictusGames
09-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Interesting premise, good art style. However, I would really need to see a video of this in action before even considering it...

09-24-2009, 05:10 AM
I like the look of that. I'll TOFTT.
09-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Okay, I've had a quick play. It's exactly as the video shows it. A picture is split into small blocks spread about in 3D space and you have to rotate it so you can see the picture.

Harder to describe than play. I've done the first few levels and then tried it out with a few pictures I had on my iPhone, including a screenshot of Zen Bound, which seemed fitting.

I'm not sure how long it'll last - it might just be a novelty - but I like it quite a bit. I don't think anyone who buys it for the launch price will be disappointed.

It'll also be a fun way to show off photos you've taken.
09-24-2009, 06:56 AM
It looks more like fun art toy than a puzzle looking at that video. It looks like all you do is rotate until you get a picture...hmm
09-24-2009, 06:58 AM
I think the "game" aspect simply comes from how fast you can do it. Still, it looks really cool to me.
09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Yes, it records your best time for each level and as you progress the pictures get split up into more tiles. It does feel like a toy as well as a game, but it's a nice one. It's oddly addictive, too. I keep picking up phone to play Squareball or Puzzle Quest and find myself playing Picosaic instead.
10-13-2009, 05:24 AM
5 free promo keys for Picosaic

Hi All,
We have 5 PromoKeys to give out!
The first 5 private messages we get for promo keys will win the keys (work in US only!)
Once you play the game, please write a fair review at iTunes about Picosaic.

Krisztina / Invictus-Games Ltd.
06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Released for the iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picosaic-hd/id376154810?mt=8

Free with DLC.