★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sprite Labs
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.3 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ******************************************
* Featured Apple Staff Favorite Game (US)*

Don't let the Pirates loot the booty. STOP THEM!!

You have an arsenal of cannon balls and bombs to shoot the pirates with.

An alligator, which you control to attack the pirates.

Enjoy unlimited levels of shooting a great pirate line up on different islands.

Features:
- Shoot a pirate down with a canon
- Drop a bomb from a moving helicopter, you can control the helicopter to change direction as needed to attack.
- Direct an Alligator to attack the Pirates. You control the alligator, you can change it's direction when it's lurking in the water, hold it down to wait for the best moment to attack.
- Game is saved when you stop playing, you have a choice to resume playing a saved when you start the next game.
- High Scores can be saved locally
- Three Skill Levels: Easy/Medium/Difficult

Controls :

Cannon:
- Fire the cannon by tapping on the screen
- Change the cannon's firing angle by rotating your touch up/down anywhere on the screen

Helicopter
- Drop a bomb by tapping the helicopter
- Change the helicopters course by dragging it in the direction you want it to go ( Left or Right )

Alligator
- Tap the alligator to trigger a Pirate attack
- Touch and hold
- Hold it a little longer and it pauses
- Tap to make it move
- Change the alligator's direction by touching and dragging it in the direction you want it to go ( Left or Right ).

Scoring ( based on Skill level ):
- +300 for every pirate shot/attacked.
- -200 if pirate escapes with the loot.
- Bonus based on skill level for unused canons, bombs and alligator's.

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODS7ToPSfU
Twitter: http://twitter.com/animagik

Yappler-Tags: Games, Arcade, Kids, Teens, Pirate, Shoot, treasure, island, bomb, cannon,
09-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Website

http://www.pirateshoot.com

There is a small demo there ( without the sound )

09-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Price reduced 1.99 -> 0.99

Reduced price to $0.99

~ animagik
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
I decided to try out this game and it turned out to be worthwhile. The presentation of the game is good, nice simple menus and the graphics are bright and colorful. There is a good theme to go with the game. Pirates are trying to steal treasure on an island and you have to stop and defeat them to claim the loot. One by one the pirates will get off their ship and start walking on the island toward the treasure. Each pirate is only able to grab a certain amount of the treasure at once and try to walk off with it, attempting to bring it back to the ship. You are given a limited amount of weapons, attacks, and ammunition to stop and defeat the pirates. If you run out of your ammo/attacks, or the pirates take all the treasure first, then the game is over, so you have to take out the pirates at all costs.

There are 3 ways for you to attack the pirates. The first is a cannon on the lower left side of the screen which fires when tapped. It can be adjusted and rotated to shoot closer and further, but for precise shooting you will have to have good timing. The second way is by dropping bombs from a plane. When a plane flies over the screen you can tap it to drop a bomb and swipe left or right to change directions, press and hold to stop the plane. Again, timing with your bomb dropping is key to your success. The third way to attack pirates is by alligator. When an alligator appears, swiping left or right will change its direction, pressing and holding will stop it from moving, and tapping will make the gator lunge forward and attack.

Along the bottom of the screen during a game will be several icons and your score will be displayed. Each icon will have a number next to it. Pirate icon - # of pirates you have to defeat to complete the level your on. Defeated Pirate icon - # of defeated pirates. Bomb icon - # of bombs you have left to use. Cannonball icon - # of cannonballs you have left to fire.

For every pirate you take out, and for all the treasure you manage to protect you earn points at the end of each level. Your scoring at the end of each level will be based on several factors... amount of treasure you managed to salvage and keep + remaining cannons/bombs/alligators leftover + points for each pirate defeated = total score. There are 3 difficulty levels in the game(easy, medium, hard) and you will earn less bonus points for playing on the easier difficulty. You have the option to save all your game scores at the end of each game.

Overall, Pirate Shoot is a pretty decent game, with nice cartoon graphics, good sounds and a fun theme. There are more than one type of pirate to deal with in the game and different islands to play on. The gameplay can be difficult because its all about timing but once you figure out a pattern it becomes somewhat easier. A mild setback of the game is there is no pause button, but you can exit a game and pickup right where you left off when you return. Overall Score 8/10 Good
09-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I decided to try out this game and it turned out to be worthwhile. The presentation of the game is good, nice simple menus and the graphics are bright and colorful. There is a good theme to go with the game. Pirates are trying to steal treasure on an island and you have to stop and defeat them to claim the loot. One by one the pirates will get off their ship and start walking on the island toward the treasure. Each pirate is only able to grab a certain amount of the treasure at once and try to walk off with it, attempting to bring it back to the ship. You are given a limited amount of weapons, attacks, and ammunition to stop and defeat the pirates. If you run out of your ammo/attacks, or the pirates take all the treasure first, then the game is over, so you have to take out the pirates at all costs.

There are 3 ways for you to attack the pirates. The first is a cannon on the lower left side of the screen which fires when tapped. It can be adjusted and rotated to shoot closer and further, but for precise shooting you will have to have good timing. The second way is by dropping bombs from a plane. When a plane flies over the screen you can tap it to drop a bomb and swipe left or right to change directions, press and hold to stop the plane. Again, timing with your bomb dropping is key to your success. The third way to attack pirates is by alligator. When an alligator appears, swiping left or right will change its direction, pressing and holding will stop it from moving, and tapping will make the gator lunge forward and attack.

Along the bottom of the screen during a game will be several icons and your score will be displayed. Each icon will have a number next to it. Pirate icon - # of pirates you have to defeat to complete the level your on. Defeated Pirate icon - # of defeated pirates. Bomb icon - # of bombs you have left to use. Cannonball icon - # of cannonballs you have left to fire.

For every pirate you take out, and for all the treasure you manage to protect you earn points at the end of each level. Your scoring at the end of each level will be based on several factors... amount of treasure you managed to salvage and keep + remaining cannons/bombs/alligators leftover + points for each pirate defeated = total score. There are 3 difficulty levels in the game(easy, medium, hard) and you will earn less bonus points for playing on the easier difficulty. You have the option to save all your game scores at the end of each game.

Overall, Pirate Shoot is a pretty decent game, with nice cartoon graphics, good sounds and a fun theme. There are more than one type of pirate to deal with in the game and different islands to play on. The gameplay can be difficult because its all about timing but once you figure out a pattern it becomes somewhat easier. A mild setback of the game is there is no pause button, but you can exit a game and pickup right where you left off when you return. Overall Score 8/10 Good
I'd give it a 6.5/10. Freedog, are all your reviews this high just because you got promo codes for the game?
09-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
I'd give it a 6.5/10. Freedog, are all your reviews this high just because you got promo codes for the game?
I wouldn't call 8/10 high. Its just good. I like this game but I pointed out in the review that the gameplay is mostly about timing. Once you get that down(if you do) then the game starts to become enjoyable.
09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Quote:
I wouldn't call 8/10 high. Its just good. I like this game but I pointed out in the review that the gameplay is mostly about timing. Once you get that down(if you do) then the game starts to become enjoyable.
Hmm... played it for about 20 minutes, doesn't feel very good... hope the control scheme gets fixed a little more in an update! Oh yeah, 8/10 is a high score. That's 4/5 stars in iTunes. Are you really saying this game can compare with Alive 4-Ever, Blades of Fury, Champion Archer, etc.? 3/5 stars or a 6/10 is considered "average."
09-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Well this game is $.99 so price is taken into account when reviewing/rating. I consider Alive 4 Ever a totally different style of game. I rate games on the genre/style they're in, not by comparing them to games that are better but totally different all around. It's hard for someone to compare Madden to Gangstar to Bejeweled, but theyre still all good games.

Oh and by the way Alive 4 Ever is like a 4.5/5 or 5/5 game.
09-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Well this game is $.99 so price is taken into account when reviewing/rating. I consider Alive 4 Ever a totally different style of game. I rate games on the genre/style they're in, not by comparing them to games that are better but totally different all around. It's hard for someone to compare Madden to Gangstar to Bejeweled, but theyre still all good games.

Oh and by the way Alive 4 Ever is like a 4.5/5 or 5/5 game.
Nope. Right now it's only 4 stars...

Anyways, still. Would you compare this game to Champion Archer and 9000 BC? Those games blow this one out of the water, no offense to the developer though. Just my opinion.
09-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
Nope. Right now it's only 4 stars...

Anyways, still. Would you compare this game to Champion Archer and 9000 BC? Those games blow this one out of the water, no offense to the developer though. Just my opinion.
well the 4stars is an average of opinions I guess but the game does have 263 5-star ratings.

I never compared Champion Archer to 9000 BC Where'd you get that info from?