★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play Zoombinis and guide the little blue creatures through fun and increasingly challenging puzzles on their way to a new home.

Zoombinis is a re-creation of the classic, award-winning 1990s puzzle game Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. The small blue creatures, each with distinct personalities and appearances, are escaping imprisonment by the evil Bloats who have taken over the Zoombinis home. Players take on the role of guide and help the Zoombinis reach the safety of Zoombiniville.

Use logic, analyze data, spot patterns and hone problem solving skills. Players face a series of increasingly difficult challenges that stand between the Zoombinis and freedom. Twelve perilous puzzles each with 4 levels of increasing difficulty, a great story, and many fun and memorable characters make for an engaging and challenging experience.

We challenge you to get all the Zoombinis to safety!

The Challenges

Allergic Cliffs
Stone Cold Caves
Pizza Pass
Captain Cajuns Ferryboat
Titanic Tattooed Toads
Stone Rise
Fleens
Hotel Dimensia
Mudball Wall
Lions Lair
BubbleWonder Abyss
Mirror Machine

Featuring

Beautiful new backgrounds
The original voices for the Narrator, Stone Guards, Pizza Trolls, Captain Cajun, and the Innkeeper
Restored music from version 1.0 of the original game
Improved celebrations and achievements

Echoseven's comments:

Zoombinis

Technical Education Research Centers, Inc.
Genres: Games Education Adventure Puzzle
$6.49 NZD

Quote:
Play Zoombinis and guide the little blue creatures through fun and increasingly challenging puzzles on their way to a new home.

Zoombinis is a re-creation of the classic, award-winning 1990’s puzzle game Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. The small blue creatures, each with distinct personalities and appearances, are escaping imprisonment by the evil Bloats who have taken over the Zoombinis’ home. Players take on the role of guide and help the Zoombinis reach the safety of Zoombiniville.

Use logic, analyzie data, spot patterns and hone problem solving skills. Players face a series of increasingly difficult challenges that stand between the Zoombinis and freedom. Twelve perilous puzzles each with 4 levels of increasing difficulty, a great story, and many fun and memorable characters make for an engaging and challenging experience.

We challenge you to get all the Zoombinis to safety!

The Challenges

• Allergic Cliffs
• Stone Cold Caves
• Pizza Pass
• Captain Cajun’s Ferryboat
• Titanic Tattooed Toads
• Stone Rise
• Fleens
• Hotel Dimensia
• Mudball Wall
• Lion’s Lair
• BubbleWonder Abyss
• Mirror Machine

Featuring

• Beautiful new backgrounds
• The original voices for the Narrator, Stone Guards, Pizza Trolls, Captain Cajun, and the Innkeeper
• Restored music from version 1.0 of the original game
• Improved celebrations and achievements

Supported Devices:
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 373.1MB

08-05-2015, 08:42 PM

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80

08-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Oh my God. I had forgotten. Tempted to pick this up even though it'll have nothing but nostalgia to offer me at 29.
08-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Whoa, I did not expect to see this.
08-06-2015, 01:49 AM
im speechless. This is somethig very special.
08-06-2015, 01:34 PM
gameplay video

08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
I've no recollection of the original game at all - did it make its way to the UK? Looks interesting though....
08-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
I've no recollection of the original game at all - did it make its way to the UK? Looks interesting though....
Im 29 from the UK and I remember this. Played it back in primary school but only briefly. Even in that short amount of time it made its mark on me. It was probably the first game I ever played on a PC
08-07-2015, 03:13 AM
Some UK schools used it. My kids had all three of these games when they were little, and played them obsessively. I played slightly less obsessively. It was a marvellous game. They did a Kickstarter to raise the money to get it onto iPad, which I backed at a ludicrous level that got me (though I haven't got it yet) a Zoombini plushie.

I realise I should explain for people who aren't familiar. It's an educational game, but unlike every other educational game ever the educational elements are properly embedded into the gameplay, and they teach logical reasoning. The first difficulty level is pretty easy, but for all sorts of reasons it's very hard to get all the Zoombinis safely through the hardest level.

--
iPad retina mini, iPhone SE
Started playing a ton of Hearthstone
But also Imbroglio and Looty Dungeon. And Duolingo.

Last edited by BohemianCoast; 08-07-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: more detail.