★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SplitCell
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 158.1 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.6 (7)
App description: The nefarious cats have unleashed a devastating attack, destroying our peaceful home. As man's best friend, it's your job to rescue the survivors and defeat the evil feline forces. Battle hordes of enemy ships and pulverize asteroids as you fight to save the last humans.

Built for casual and hardcore players alike, Apocalypse Meow is a space-based shooter with RPG elements. Play and upgrade different characters, switching back and forth as many times as you like.

This is the ultimate battle of dogs versus cats. Start playing now - the pack needs you!

FEATURES:
- Rich, beautiful levels with stunning 3D graphics and depth
- Dynamic missions with procedural elements
- Riveting boss battles and arcade-like shmup action
- Numerous pickups and upgrades for weapons, shields, health, mystery tech and much, much more!
- Daily rewards
- Play each sector at multiple difficulty levels
- Variety of achievements and leaderboards
- Custom soundtrack and immersive audio experience
- Share scores, achievements and replays
- Free to play
08-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Looks great! By the way, it would be amazing if we could choose our side for all cats lovers ^^

08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Wow what a surprise. The polish on this game is amazing. Graphics and design are beautiful.

I feel like the controls aren't as sensitive as they could be but overall they work pretty well.

This is giving my favorite space shooter a run for its money. We'll see how good it gets.. I'll give it some more time. And #TEAMDOGS!

Btw the slo-mo interface when you lift your finger off the screen is quite clever.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 08-05-2015 at 07:41 PM.
08-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Extremely polished, but freemium to the hilt. I'll play .Decluster Zero instead.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
08-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Very nice game but the controls aren't as responsive as it should be plus the f2p mode isn't great, I would rather pay for this game than wait for those timers...
08-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Surprisingly polished, love the graphics and concept. What others are saying is true... the controls need some tweaking and pretty standard FTP timers and upgrades, which can annoy.
08-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Looks great! Just find the plot a bit of a pointless gimmick really. I mean, how do these cartoonish cats and dogs factor into a rather polished, mature looking shmup?

Bizarre.
08-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Wow what a surprise. The polish on this game is amazing. Graphics and design are beautiful.

I feel like the controls aren't as sensitive as they could be but overall they work pretty well.

This is giving my favorite space shooter a run for its money. We'll see how good it gets.. I'll give it some more time. And #TEAMDOGS!

Btw the slo-mo interface when you lift your finger off the screen is quite clever.
Yeah, you won't have to worry about losing control when you lift your finger during gameplay with the finger-up slo-mo interface. Neat.

Oh yeah, Sky Force 2014 had that slo-mo thing going on too.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
08-05-2015, 11:28 PM
This is a Sky Force clone but that's not a bad thing cause Sky Force is awesome. If you downloaded Sky Force and liked it, you will like this too.
08-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked8146 View Post
This is a Sky Force clone but that's not a bad thing cause Sky Force is awesome. If you downloaded Sky Force and liked it, you will like this too.
Can you elaborate on how this a Sky Force clone?

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins