★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 80s Mania Wrestling is a totally radical pro wrestling booking and business simulator presented as a collectible card game, set in pop culture's greatest decade!

Over 100 totally awesome characters flesh out the 8MW universe including wrestlers, tag teams, managers, commissioners, interviewers and more! Each character is totally original while also inspired by the greatest decade in pop culture history! Its piledriving parody at its finest!

8MW puts it's own unique spin on the collectible card game. Dont just collect cards"..."hire wrestlers instead! If youre a CCG fan youve probably heard terms for cards like Rare, Uncommon and Common. Well our wrestler cards work the same way. But instead of Commons we like to call them Curtain Jerkers. Uncommons we refer to as Mid-Carders, and of course the Rare wrestlers are the Main Eventers!

Fans of pro wrestling booker sims and business games will love 8MW! When playing, youll become the owner of your own 80s inspired wrestling fed! And best believe that youll need to earn mucho Game Cash while playing in order to succeed! How you ask? By hiring talent and running wrestling shows, thats how! Each in-game calendar week youll host another show filled with matches, mic spots, skits, championship matches and more! Thats to say nothing of the uniquely themed Pay-4-View super shows youll put on each month!

killercow's comments:

80s Mania Wrestling

Checkmate Creative LLC
Genres: Games Simulation Card Sports
Free

Quote:
80s Mania Wrestling is a totally radical pro wrestling booking and business simulator presented as a collectible card game, set in pop culture's greatest decade!

Over 100 totally awesome characters flesh out the 8MW universe including wrestlers, tag teams, managers, commissioners, interviewers and more! Each character is totally original while also inspired by the greatest decade in pop culture history! Its piledriving parody at its finest!

8MW puts it's own unique spin on the collectible card game. Dont just collect cards"..."hire wrestlers instead! If youre a CCG fan youve probably heard terms for cards like Rare, Uncommon and Common. Well our wrestler cards work the same way. But instead of Commons we like to call them Curtain Jerkers. Uncommons we refer to as Mid-Carders, and of course the Rare wrestlers are the Main Eventers!

Fans of pro wrestling booker sims and business games will love 8MW! When playing, youll become the owner of your own 80s inspired wrestling fed! And best believe that youll need to earn mucho Game Cash while playing in order to succeed! How you ask? By hiring talent and running wrestling shows, thats how! Each in-game calendar week youll host another show filled with matches, mic spots, skits, championship matches and more! Thats to say nothing of the uniquely themed Pay-4-View super shows youll put on each month!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 34.7MB

Thanks to: https://💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
08-06-2015, 03:37 AM
I'll give this a download for the fact it's wrestling and 80's but I'm never to excited by the management side of setting up matches and things so I'm not expecting anything amazing.
back later after I've played it.

edit. well I'm back and I played through the tutorial and then another set of shows and I'm still not sold on this type of game, I just don't find any fun in setting up the matches over and over,
the characters and card art are fantastic and it's a brilliant homage to everything cool about the 80's if it was some kind of card game with these cards then I'd be all up for that as if love collecting all the cards. but as it is it just makes me want to go back and play wrestling revolution and makes some of these characters in that game.
there's probably an audience for this but sadly it's not me.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.

Last edited by Sexy Pirate; 08-06-2015 at 04:08 AM.
08-06-2015, 08:30 AM
well I've played a bit more and I think it's the lack of things during the matches that's making it not fun. just setting up the matches and seeing the outcomes isn't that much of a game for me. I'd like to at least see some stats or a dialogue box or dice rolls? something to give me an indication of what's happening in the match and give a sense of some gameplay happening.
also I've played maybe four weeks worth of matches so far and only have about 300 in game which means there no way I'm going to be able to afford and new things from the shop without using the iap unless I'm missing something?
well I'll keep it around for a bit and see if there's any updates. but a bit disappointed by it so far.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
08-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Money

At first the same thing was happening to me. Start over and grab the commissioner that gives you $1000 each event. I think he costs a token.