★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ->> Free! Full version!! For one week!!! Enjoy!!!

".. the game play that makes you want to keep on detonating all the enemies. Five out of five stars for the graphics alone!" iphonefootprint.com

Throat Detonator is a humorous action game with cartoon style graphics that challenges you to use your voice to defeat enemies!

Planet earth is under threat by a series of catastrophic events caused by giant killing machines, genetically modified animals, UFOs and even meteors! Your mission is to detonate them!

Throat Detonator is played by hitting the enemy's resonance frequency indicated in a panel, either by using your voice or finger agility. The frequency panel ranges from lower tones to higher tones and pro. Enemies are defeated when you hit the right range in a fun and humorous sequence of multiple enemy attacks.

The game has three chapters and three difficulty levels: easy, normal and hard. It gets progressively more challenging, with more frequencies and the need to hold them longer. In each chapter players fight with different enemies and at the end they will have the chance to defeat a level boss enemy that is responsible for commanding all of the attacks.

Throat Detonator also comes with social features provided by Open Feint, including leaderboards and achievements.

Play now, save the day and have fun! Works on iPhone and iPod Touch!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

09-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Woah. This looks good.

09-24-2009, 05:04 AM
ooh, it's out.
I beta tested it. It's a humorous little game with great graphics. If you are somewhere where you can't scream, you can use touch-based controls. Both methods work well.
Just a warning - I don't know if they added some more content, but in the beta version, playing all the game from start to end requires just some minutes. There is however a huge replay factor in order to improve your score, it's also openfeint enabled. But don't expect a long adventure mode, that's all.
09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
09-24-2009, 11:01 PM
There were promos for it, there might be some left. Ask the developer, he's here on TA too. The game actually isn't that bad, it's actually quite fun, but since I have an iPod Touch, my fingers hurt from rubbing the screen back and forth. lol.
09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
There were promos for it, there might be some left. Ask the developer, he's here on TA too. The game actually isn't that bad, it's actually quite fun, but since I have an iPod Touch, my fingers hurt from rubbing the screen back and forth. lol.
I wish lol, not gonna beg for a promo as they are already gone.

Gonna check out the lite and see if that will make me spend 2.99

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-27-2009, 12:25 AM
okay 23 promos were given and no impressions anyone (except sam)

09-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
okay 23 promos were given and no impressions anyone (except sam)
Ya the screaming in the phone part kinda makes it hard to test at the usual "they've all gone to bed" time. I imagine if I did the cops would show up within minutes LOL.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
09-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Ya the screaming in the phone part kinda makes it hard to test at the usual "they've all gone to bed" time. I imagine if I did the cops would show up within minutes LOL.
This reminds me of one of this crazy ds minigame I played...

10-20-2009, 08:32 PM
update out

What's new
Small bugfixes and improvements

Not much but mostly for a bump, found it to be a pretty fun game even as simple as it was.