★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[BETA] Dungeons & Monsters - Classic dungeon crawler RPG

08-07-2015, 05:45 AM
[BETA] Dungeon Monsters - Classic dungeon crawler RPG

Hi everyone!

EDIT : We've got a trailer now!

We're opening applications for Beta tests!

Register: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/S2TKDXP

Do you remember such RPG classics as Dungeon Master, Wizardry or Lands of Lore? Or more recently, Legend of Grimrock?

Well, we've been working hard on bringing the Dungeon Crawler experience to mobile. Our game is called Dungeon Monsters, and it's nearly finished by now after a year of development. The Mana Cube team previously worked on such hits as Brave Frontier, Mutants: Genetic Gladiators and Heavy Rain.

(the game runs on Android and iOS and will release on both in a few months, but the beta is iOS-only for now)

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B

Last edited by nicolasgb; 01-19-2016 at 06:18 AM.
08-07-2015, 09:59 AM
This looks interesting title so much so i twitted this link in the hope you get more testers.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay

08-11-2015, 03:38 AM
Thanks so much, hellscaretaker !

I make games.
08-14-2015, 02:08 AM
Starting to really get into this... Any promo codes for beta testers?
08-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Great so far, no bugs at all yet that I saw.
08-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! What do you like the best in the game?

nezuja : when the game is released, we'll definitely be very nice with our beta testers

I make games.
08-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Loving this game! Feels really polished. Only bugs I have found is it occasionally crashes or often has major lag issues when returning to the inn to pick up rewards.

Favourite thing of mine is trying to 100% every dungeon stage. I'm one of those completionist weirdos

Currently playing Gems of War - game name: Kiralee
08-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Not sure if it is because it is a beta build, but this game murders my battery
08-24-2015, 12:04 AM
[*]Inventory is too little, modern gacha inventory at least had 30, because of the mechanics of fusing similar race/element bonus, you need to have enough inventory to efficiently level up your units, it might put off veteran gacha players

[*]Build your cash currency/mechanic design base on successfully & popular games such as Crusader Quest/PAD/etc.
[*]Having arena/pvp with high risk high reward is win-win for both players & the company, many players will spend more on cash currency completing but in the end of the season there will only be 3 top 3s, the rest of the lower ranks will still get a decent reward. Rewards as in return of cash currency or evolution mats or etc.

[*]Units in the game are not outstanding or rather boring, even UR or Legendary units doesn't seem impressive, adding glows/shines might be a good change. Unqiue names should be given to them, hopefully typical name such as red/blue/white, Knight/Mage/Ranger are just placeholders.

[*]Optimizing system, frame-drop are noticeable, at least from my old ipad, suspect more issue will be up on the various spec of Androids.

Last edited by heatzz; 08-24-2015 at 12:06 AM.
08-24-2015, 01:08 AM
Would love to test it!
Love Dungeon Crawlers like Etrian or Grimrock.
What do I have to do?