★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fuzzle - Free, for a limited time!

09-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Fuzzle - Free, for a limited time!

Fuzzle

Nice game where you have to match 5 balls around a grid. New balls are added when you make a move (except when clearing 5 balls), and there's a couple of special balls as well. It's a fun little game, and I was considering purchasing it until I noticed that it's gone down from $1.99 to free!

Pick it up now and don't miss out on this little gem of a puzzler.
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
Fuzzle

Nice game where you have to match 5 balls around a grid. New balls are added when you make a move (except when clearing 5 balls), and there's a couple of special balls as well. It's a fun little game, and I was considering purchasing it until I noticed that it's gone down from $1.99 to free!

Pick it up now and don't miss out on this little gem of a puzzler.
Cute dev :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU_0MrUjjqE

Last edited by dudehuge; 09-14-2008 at 09:22 PM.

09-14-2008, 11:37 AM
She doesn't come with the game, however.
09-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Yeah, bummer

I love a cute chick that knows her integers from her floats :P

Last edited by dudehuge; 09-14-2008 at 11:55 AM.
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Can we start some kind of petition??? please!??

I'm a sucker for accents

but in other news, I got the game from the itunes mobile store and it loaded insanely quick (must be that 2.1 firmware). The game is interesting and much more strategic than I thought it would be.

I also like that the sound effects for creating a 5 chain and going up a level are the same ones in Trism. They are really pleasant sounds that let me know I've done good and are also easy to hear while playing music
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
This game is quite similar to BeeCells, and to be honest, I think I prefer BeeCells.

In BeeCells you have to group 6 balls together, as opposed to Fuzzle's 5, but in BeeCell, they just have to be grouped together touching one another on a hexagon-based grid, and in Fuzzle they have to be in a straight line (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) on a square-based grid.

Obviously the fact that Fuzzle is free at the moment will have some bearing on which game you download, but BeeCells is only 99c / 59p.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
This game is quite similar to BeeCells, and to be honest, I think I prefer BeeCells.

In BeeCells you have to group 6 balls together, as opposed to Fuzzle's 5, but in BeeCell, they just have to be grouped together touching one another on a hexagon-based grid, and in Fuzzle they have to be in a straight line (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) on a square-based grid.

Obviously the fact that Fuzzle is free at the moment will have some bearing on which game you download, but BeeCells is only 99c / 59p.
Brett just look at her and you'll change your mind. :P
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Got the game.

Wonderful time. It takes some understanding and it does have a strategy. (I'm still working on that!)

Firstly, It's important to note that you can move the "F"uzzles not only in a straight line but in any path not blocked. (right, left turns, straight as one move).

Give this a try. You will enjoy it.

One of myfavs right now.
Bill.
09-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm not that crazy about lines games, but this variant seems an improvement, is fun for what it is and free is a great price.
09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Thread necromancy on an old thread because fuzzle is again free.

I gather this was pretty popular way back in the early days of the app store.

So far, I like to play untimed mode on "easy" setting or above. You can play a good while on easy without any really overly deep strategy, but at the same time the sense of danger and narrow escapes is periodically there.

I dont see any still-living threads on fuzzle, so let me say that its a puzzle game with a simple premise, and lots of options, from the makers of Fling!

It doesnt seem to have the same depth of strategy as Fling!, but that makes it more relaxing in a way...and I could be wrong as well.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale