★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FULL APPLICATION DESCRIPTION
-----------------------
GALACTIC BOWLING is an exhilarating sports arcade game with an intergalactic twist! The game features a full-story campaign that transports players to never before seen bowling lanes around Earth as well as a multitude of vividly-illustrated planets. With three distinctive play modes (solo, regular and battle), players will engage in fast-paced competition that includes eleven characters and environments, a unique universe filled with over-the-top humor and is complete with spectacular visual masterpieces that tell each characters story with jaw-dropping in-game cinematics.

Arguably the best looking iPhone game on the market, GALACTIC BOWLING features stunning graphics, fluid-like gameplay and an intuitive control scheme that is easy enough for casual players but also has advanced features to expand on for more experienced gamers. GALACTIC BOWLING will leave everyone who touches it wanting more!

Game Features for all iPhone and iPod touch units:
Intuitive touch and accelerometer controls
Story cinematic movies
Special Balls
Super Moves
6 Whammies (opponent disruptors)
11 Human and Alien characters
11 Earth and Alien (world) lanes
3 unique game modes
2 game play styles
3 difficulty levels
Stunning 3D graphics
Beautiful textures and colors
Exaggerated smooth character animation
Spatial 3D sound
Realistic (not faked) real-time pin and ball physics

Game Enhancements for iPhone 3GS:
True color display with 16.7 billion colors
True color textures
Real-time shadows in all views (only in full screen for non 3gs)
High Quality character animation
Many more exclusive 3GS performance Enhancements

GALACTIC BOWLING requires OS 2.1 or higher to run. It is recommended to download the latest version of iTunes, as well as the latest software update for your iPhone or iPod touch before downloading GALACTIC BOWLING. For the most enjoyable experience, restart your unit before playing.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Edit: Impressions..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
Having bought this game, and it wasn't cheap does entitle me the right to express my opinions. This is not a review. T.A.'ers out there Don't buy this expecting to be bowled over gang. Sluggish menu's, dirty visuals in a lot of places. There's no sound to speak of once you turn off the interminable music, just silence. Gameplay feels cramped and obscured even in full screen mode. I don't derive any pleasure from slamming a game so early in a thread, I decided better off warning those who might think they are in for something special. Seeing as the Dev's chose to use the term 'arguably the best' when describing the graphics for this game THEY ASKED FOR IT it's painful. Buy that other game you were on the fence about instead people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, not to be a contrarian, but that doesn't describe the Galactic Bowling that I picked up. Don't have time to give it a full review, but basically the game offers console/style bowling in a funny science-fiction setting, including a campaign mode, power-ups, a battle/play, multiple characters (both human and alien) and a wide variety of lanes both on Earth and other planets. The bowling play happens side by side to avoid a long, boring pause while the opponent takes his turn. The only sluggish menu is the opening one (I think it's covering up loading time) -- once you're in the game the interface is crisp and responsive. When you turn down the music (which is not bad by any means) you get the standard sounds you'd expect on a bowling game, including well-performed voice acting for the player characters.

And the graphics, well, they are very impressive, though there's a couple of nagging bits here and there (for example, you can move your character from side to aim the ball, but it just slides on the floor instead of taking realistic sidesteps).

All in all, I found it to be very, very polished. Of course, it's still a bowling game, so the core gameplay is what you'd expect -- if you're not into that, then the additional eye-candy and other features will not convince you otherwise.
09-24-2009, 05:47 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 11-03-2009 at 06:20 PM.

09-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Looks really nice but I tend not to buy anything that's enhanced for the 3GS because I only have a 3G and hate the thought that I'm paying for features I can never enjoy!

Though I guess I *may* grab it if it's still REALLY nice on the 3G... but I bet the videos are all the 3GS version.

Any chance of a 3G video clip so we can see how good it is on that?

Jamie.

Last edited by badmanj; 09-24-2009 at 05:55 AM.
09-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Wow. Those are some seriously nice-looking graphics. And the twists on classic bowling definitely make the game look challenging.

Seeing as I have a 3GS, i'd be more than happy to TOFTT, but I just paid rent a few days ago and am literally flat broke ATM.

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Tempted... very tempted. But I'm at work and this thing is 110MB ... just a wee bit over the OTA threshold.

Definitely going on my want list though.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirt Reynolds View Post
Wow. Those are some seriously nice-looking graphics. And the twists on classic bowling definitely make the game look challenging.

Seeing as I have a 3GS, i'd be more than happy to TOFTT, but I just paid rent a few days ago and am literally flat broke ATM.
Having bought this game, and it wasn't cheap does entitle me the right to express my opinions. This is not a review. T.A.'ers out there Don't buy this expecting to be bowled over gang. Sluggish menu's, dirty visuals in a lot of places. There's no sound to speak of once you turn off the interminable music, just silence. Gameplay feels cramped and obscured even in full screen mode. I don't derive any pleasure from slamming a game so early in a thread, I decided better off warning those who might think they are in for something special. Seeing as the Dev's chose to use the term 'arguably the best' when describing the graphics for this game THEY ASKED FOR IT it's painful. Buy that other game you were on the fence about instead people.
I am playing on a 3rd gen iPod touch 64gb. Which rocks by the way!
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Quote:
Thanks for this. I also don't like the fact that it only supports 3.1 FW. Get the hell outta here!
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Looks interesting....
Man those graphics are amazing!
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
needs a lite NOW
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Well, not to be a contrarian, but that doesn't describe the Galactic Bowling that I picked up. Don't have time to give it a full review, but basically the game offers console/style bowling in a funny science-fiction setting, including a campaign mode, power-ups, a battle/play, multiple characters (both human and alien) and a wide variety of lanes both on Earth and other planets. The bowling play happens side by side to avoid a long, boring pause while the opponent takes his turn. The only sluggish menu is the opening one (I think it's covering up loading time) -- once you're in the game the interface is crisp and responsive. When you turn down the music (which is not bad by any means) you get the standard sounds you'd expect on a bowling game, including well-performed voice acting for the player characters.

And the graphics, well, they are very impressive, though there's a couple of nagging bits here and there (for example, you can move your character from side to aim the ball, but it just slides on the floor instead of taking realistic sidesteps).

All in all, I found it to be very, very polished. Of course, it's still a bowling game, so the core gameplay is what you'd expect -- if you're not into that, then the additional eye-candy and other features will not convince you otherwise.