The "What annoys me" thread... Fire away

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    whatever annoys you, post it here....

I have tons, but one thing that really annoys me is the high prices for tickets for bands that have like 3 hits.... My twin daughters wanted to see 5 Seconds of Summer when they were near us, but tickets were $85 - $190...... No way in hell am I paying that..... I just saw Train for $35.

Stupid parents will pay these ridiculous prices.... I won't.

So, what annoys you?

2. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    People annoy me

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Five Nights At Freddy's fandom annoys me and 'gamer' kids that only play FNAF, CoD and FIFA and aren't aware that Deus Ex or Wolfenstein even exist.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This thread annoys me because there's already a bitching thread.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #5 RHess00, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Impostor!

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Self-important hipster gamers annoy me too.

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #7 one.sixty.four, Aug 8, 2015
    Like what?

EDIT: I read "games" not "gamers". My bad.

8. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    What annoys me is myself after I impulse buy yet another iOS game which I'll play briefly and then never again.

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Selfish people that use a communal based financing system to further their own gains while those in need become a nuisance and are painted as greedy and hopeless and left to rot. Those that say everyone has the same opportunities to push any sense of responsibility off themselves when they obviously don't have a clue, then proceed to tell you their first world problems they had when they were children and how they "did it", or even better use someone else's extraordinary life story as validation.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    That's actually funny to me! When I was younger I'd pay $10 for front row seats to the biggest bands like Zeppelin, The Who, Stones, and the like. Now you pay $500 (or MORE) for tix for the same acts and they're in their 70's now! Good thing I've seen almost everything I've ever wanted to see (multiple times a lot of them, and when they were in their PRIME) so I usually pass on 'em these days! People are always trying to get me to go still, but I just can't be bothered with that anymore. You can pay for an expensive dinner, $500 to $1000 for the show, plus $30 for parking, another $30 for a program, maybe at tshirt for $40, $75 for drinks, and who knows what else! Not me! Considering my past, I can't get myself to do that now! That's a lot of money, baby! Nuts!!!! Hmmmm. Guess this DOES annoy me!! ;)

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

When I try to recommend a game to someone and they continue playing their little city-builder.

12. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    #12 Papa Deuce, Aug 8, 2015
    Another.... Car from a side street pulls out in front of me so that I have to really slow down when there was nobody behind me.

People who block intersections with their cars so that people can't turn.

Reputable web sites that obviously don't do enough proofreading.... Specifically news based sites.

Internet videos where the ad plays, but the video you want to see doesn't.

Still more to come.

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The Console Wars.

14. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #14 TheOutlander, Aug 8, 2015
    Well, true, I (shamefully) sounded like a hipster, but c'mon, Minecraft and FNAF aren't the best games ever and even more so, I've seen a lot of kids that like to attack and criticize other games for not being similar to any of those, I mean, seriously, 9 years old saying that Metal Gear Solid 3 was bad because it didn't had a fully fledged First Person mode and that looked horrible (maybe I'm a little biased, but MGS3 hasn't dated too badly), but anyways, sorry for sounding like hipster, that sure wasn't my intention.
    Also, from where does the 'self-important' thing comes?
    PD: I don't regret what I said about the FNAF fandom, it's full of crappy fanfictions that make Fifty Shades Of Grey look like a semi-decent read

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I hate brunch.

16. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    My wife leaving the "3 for 2" stickers on the books she buys.

17. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013

I know David lee Roth can't sing a lick anymore..... but you can get tickets to tonight's VH show in NJ for $6.25 EACH.... I paid $6.75 for my first concert - AC / DC and Ted Nugent, and Def Leppard back in the late 1970's!

18. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    It's annoying that you can't downgrade/choose your preferred iOS version. Once you upgrade your OS to something that breaks your favorite games, there's nothing you can do except wait for the game dev to fix it.

I'm stuck at iOS 6 for my iPad 2. It's not the worst, but I wish I could at least have iOS 7 to play more games. :(

19. XenoRed

XenoRed Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Whenever I see others littering on the streets. Hmmm...

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Spitting would be my something I'd add to that too.