★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a game with a lot of repeat value / with no ending.

08-08-2015, 05:31 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Looking for a game with a lot of repeat value / with no ending.

Hi all!

I am looking for a game to buy on my iphone 6. I want the game to be fun enough so I will always come back to, and I'm mainly looking for survival / adventure (something like don't starve). I've found some games and I need your opinions on them and maybe some suggestions if you think you have something better: Terraria / pixel dungeon / 100 rogues / hoplite / Junk Jack X / bit dungeon. What do you think is the best to get and do you have any suggestions for a game similar to don't starve that I can play on my iphone 6?

(I tried posting it in the "what should I get" thread but I didn't see my message there...)
08-08-2015, 06:30 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,777
Tap adventure , radiation island, adventure capitalist , sim city build it

08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Tap adventure , radiation island, adventure capitalist , sim city build it


Tap adventure looks really boring, doesn't look like it has much depth to it. I actually prefer games that doesn't try to have good graphics, because they fail most of the time, so I don't really like radiation island, I prefer games with the art like zelda or 100 rogues. Adventure capitalist looks really boring too, and I don't like sim city. All of the games here (except radiation island maybe) don't relaly look interesting or with much depth. I won't repeat games like adventure capitalist for sure. Any other suggestions?
08-08-2015, 09:46 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSteeds View Post
Hi all!

I am looking for a game to buy on my iphone 6. I want the game to be fun enough so I will always come back to, and I'm mainly looking for survival / adventure (something like don't starve). I've found some games and I need your opinions on them and maybe some suggestions if you think you have something better: Terraria / pixel dungeon / 100 rogues / hoplite / Junk Jack X / bit dungeon. What do you think is the best to get and do you have any suggestions for a game similar to don't starve that I can play on my iphone 6?

(I tried posting it in the "what should I get" thread but I didn't see my message there...)
Wayward souls. Seems you like rogue likes, plus it was game of the year.
08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,565
All the games you listed are good. Buy them all and Wayward Souls.
08-08-2015, 10:07 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,777
Dry lands
08-08-2015, 10:27 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Wayward souls. Seems you like rogue likes, plus it was game of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
All the games you listed are good. Buy them all and Wayward Souls.


Wow, I was looking at pictures and thought that it looked bad before, but I just watched a video and it looks amazing. I think I'll get it. The problem is, I can't get more than 2 games. Is wayward soul fun to repeat (random levels and stuff like that)? And what game should I get except for this?
08-08-2015, 10:47 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSteeds View Post
Wow, I was looking at pictures and thought that it looked bad before, but I just watched a video and it looks amazing. I think I'll get it. The problem is, I can't get more than 2 games. Is wayward soul fun to repeat (random levels and stuff like that)? And what game should I get except for this?
Yep, lots of replay value with WS, but it can be challenging with how the save system works. How bout block fortress war or survival craft/mine craft? Traps n gemstones is fun too. Monster hunter or Xcom are excellent, as well. So many great games out there. Dry lands...meh.
08-08-2015, 11:00 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 62
I just released my game "Little Avenger" which is similar to bit dungeon style. However you can constantly upgrade your character and climb leader board rankings.
08-08-2015, 11:03 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Yep, lots of replay value with WS, but it can be challenging with how the save system works. How bout block fortress war or survival craft/mine craft? Traps n gemstones is fun too. Monster hunter or Xcom are excellent, as well. So many great games out there. Dry lands...meh.
It's better if it's challenging, I want the game to make me come back to playing it

block fortress war looks interesting, is it a 1v1 multiplayer game? And I think that minecraft will get me bored playing alone... I played on different servers when I was playing on my pc and I'm not sure if survival mode alone is even fun (honestly, never tried). I don't like the look of monster hunter, I hate it when games are trying to look modern on mobile because they fail, I prefer cartoonish and pixel styled graphics (even though I like monster hunter on 3ds and the idea is really cool in my opinion). I've heard a lot of positive stuff about xcom but it's not repetitive if I remember corectly, the levels are the same and once you finish it then doing it again would be the same... I really want games that I can repeat and that will NEVER be boring. That's why I enjoy a lot of online games on pc but on mobile I prefer playing off line games. So out of what you suggested I think that block fortress war looks cool, just need some explanation on it (but from what I see it's online).