★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's a phenomenon in Japan, downloaded over 94 Million times, and now you can play it worldwide! Experience an action game made especially for mobile, using real skill and strategy! Play co-op real time with your friends, or battle solo through an epic narrative- now with the original 2D art!

*One-Touch Combat Controls*
Run, attack, dodge, and use special skills with intuitive controls designed for one-handed play. Whether youre using your other hand to slurp Ramen or hold on for dear life during your morning commute, you can keep on adventuring.

*Real-Time Co-op Battles*
You and your friends can slay epic monsters in real-time! Matchmake with your guild or with players from all over the world for synchronous co-op action!

*No Play Blockers*
Forget about those other games that make you wait for an energy or stamina recharge. Play all you want in Rune Story!

*Hundreds of Unique Characters to Play!*
Unlock and level-up hundreds of character and weapon combinations within six classes- Fencer, Lancer, Warrior, Brawler, Sniper, Mage, Dual Blade and now- Dragon Riders! Assemble your dream-team to take with you on each mission!

*Engaging Story Quests*
Complete quests that will reveal Rune Storys mystery with hours of intriguing gameplay

*Rise to the Top with Guild Events!*
Accumulate guild points to become the strongest guild and get awesome prizes!

*Enjoy the Voice Acting!*
Turn that sound on and listen to your heroes speak!

*Build Your Own Town*
Build and upgrade your town to harvest resources and level-up your team!

As our story opens, you are a young dreamer on the tiny island of Astora when a dynamic adventurer named Kyle arrives and asks you to accompany him on the journey of a lifetime. Use the rune compass to guide your path as you attempt to uncover magical runes and journey to The Worlds End, a place no one has ever reached.

Create your own Rune Story, now with hundreds of heroes ready to battle at your fingertips! Venture on epic quests with your friends, build your own town, and experience a deep action role-playing game! Become a powerful hero and unravel the mystery that all begins with a cat

COLOPL NI presents Rune Story! Based on White Cat Project, the massive RPG sensation from Japan. Rune Story will take you on a role-playing fantasy unlike any other.

Specifications:
For best performance please use iPhone 5 or higher.

SOCIAL
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RuneStory
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RuneStoryGame

WEBSITE
http://RuneStoryGame.com

IzumiNowa's comments:

Colopl Rune Story

COLOPL NI, INC.
Genres: Games Role-Playing Entertainment Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
* Engaging Story Quests *
Complete quests that will reveal Rune Storys mystery with hours of intriguing gameplay.

* Real-Time Co-Op Action RPG *
Perform magnificent combo attacks that will surpass regular puzzle-solving, dragon-fighting games and control all movements, actions, and skills from the palm of one hand.

* Over 100+ Unique Characters to Play *
Unlock hundreds of characters and weapon combinations within six classes - Fencer, Lancer, Warrior, Brawler, Sniper, Mage.

* Fight Epic Bosses With Your Guild *
Become the strongest guild! Accumulate Guild Points in co-op quests to obtain special rewards.

* Build Your Own Unique Town *
Build and upgrade your town to harvest resources to level up and train your team.

Legend has it that runes imbued with ancient magic fell from seven elder runes in the sky centuries ago, but few remain. Airships fly the skies between the flying island Astora and the worlds other countless islands. Use the wondrous rune compass to guide your path as you attempt to uncover magical runes and journey to The Worlds End, a place no one has ever reached.

Create your own Rune Story now with hundreds of heroes ready to battle at your fingertips! Venture on an epic adventure with your friends, make your own society, and experience a deep action-role playing game! Become a powerful hero and unravel the mystery that all begins with a talking cat

COLOPL NI presents Rune Story! Based on White Cat, the massive hit RPG from the anime capital of the world Japan, Rune Story will take you on a role-playing fantasy unlike any other.

Specifications:
This game is optimized for iOS devices with iOS 8.0 or later. For best performance please use iPhone 5, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus.

SOCIAL
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RuneStory
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RuneStoryGame

Supported Devices:
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone6
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 80.5MB

08-09-2015, 06:15 AM
This is the English version of the White Cat Project.. A very popular game in Japan.. You can only download this from the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand app store for the moment but it looks like its in soft launch

www.runestorygame.com/index_prereg.php

I made a guild called "furen kazen"

The combat system is really slick.. its designed for 1 finger controls on a phone but works well on a ipad aswell

----

Last edited by IzumiNowa; 08-11-2015 at 12:27 AM.

08-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Indeed if on iphone you can get your finger across the screen to reach the power ups, on ipad 2 air it felt better having two fingers was more comfortable to tap for power up while using my other finger to still move my character.

I hope this gets released in the West as it seems a slick put together game.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
08-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Indeed if on iphone you can get your finger across the screen to reach the power ups, on ipad 2 air it felt better having two fingers was more comfortable to tap for power up while using my other finger to still move my character.

I hope this gets released in the West as it seems a slick put together game.
It looks like its in soft launch

you can pick any country when pre-regging

www.runestorygame.com/index_prereg.php
08-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Gameplay by IPlay GameChannel
08-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Aahh shironekoproject!
I played this for a while in japan before I forgot to back up my account when i changed phones... Great fun f2p action rpg with no energy system so can keep playing.

An english version will be a good excuse to start again!

Time to start rerolling!

Edit: The story is massively shortened, feels much cheaper than the original. I might just start the japanese version again..

Last edited by Womble; 08-09-2015 at 08:42 PM.
08-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Edit: The story is massively shortened, feels much cheaper than the original. I might just start the japanese version again..
Really thats a shame to hear that Still this is soft launch at present maybe they add more later as they translate to English?

08-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Yeah its still worth a shot, im probably overstating the difference!
08-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Cant seem to find your guild btw..
08-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Cant seem to find your guild btw..
Its there i found it and joined it :-)