Help with finding some Solitaire games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Aug 10, 2015.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #1 pluto6, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    The ones that i have and enjoy are :

Fairway Solitaire
    Avalon HD
    Faerie Solitaire
    Emerland Solitaire
    Ski Solitaire
    Solitaire Kingdom Supreme HD

They are all variations on tri-peaks (which i actually wish there would be some variation), but they have powerups, goal oriented, generally no timing is required, have achievements, different obstacles to overcome.

I cant seem to nail this type of solitaire for searches - anyone have some other ones like this or some similar suggestions? I have a ton of mahjong solitaire games, but am really more interested in card based. Oh, and hopefully could be played on a iphone, many of the above are ipad only - which is not a deal breaker, but would be nice to have a bit more mobility.

Please no freemium unless there are no paywalls. The Fareway Solitaire by Big Fish is actually of freemium done pretty well. The others are all full games.

Thanks for help and suggestions!

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #2 Coldar, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    I did an extensive search awhile back but also couldn't locate any like the five Pluto mentioned. Perhaps there are some hidden gems and if so it'd be great if they were shared. I'm hoping so as well because the last game-find for me was Solitaire Kingdom Supreme HD and was a hidden treasure (although it has never allowed me to acquire the last two stars and the last 2 awards for the coat of arms). Still all those mentioned are must-have's, imo.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Have you tried Rummikub? I used to play an old (pretty ugly) version called Romi, but I see that a new official Rummikub app came out this year, and it does support single player. Rummikub vs. computer feels much like a solitaire game to me (in fact, it's all Romi had IIRC). I'm not grabbing the Rummikub app yet to try it—I see issues with the newest update in the reviews--but I'm bookmarking it.

I suggest this because my mom and sister who like iPad solitaire games (cards and Mahjongg alike) also like Rummikub-related games against the computer.

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    May i suggest my game Card Crawl. Not a classic Solitaire but still has all properties of a Solitaire game.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    And right there with card crawl is Donsol

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #6 drelbs, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Card Shark Deluxe
    Dice Diving
    PuzzleManiak
    Rush Hour
    Roll Through The Ages

Shoot, these are mostly dice games. ;)

Dungeon Solitaire / Necronomicon
    Reiner Knzia's Labyrinth
    Slingo! ;)

And of course Card Crawl and Donsol are both excellent.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for the suggestions. None really fit the bill with the similarity of the games i mentioned. However, those games mentioned are excellent. I have and like Card Crawl, and drelbs - i think i have all those apps. I thought Rush Hour was an interesting suggestion - my favorite blocking type game are actually the Blue Block apps, the excellent Kieffer Bros. Blockwick apps, the Blockado series (sadly no longer on the App store) , and Block Drop.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What about the solitaire games from Finger Arts?

9. rshelby

rshelby New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 5, 2015
  10. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    The upcoming "Sage Solitaire" from Developer Zach Gage maybe!? ;)
    Coming out on August 27th, as free to play with an in-app purchase to turn off the ads + bonus for 2.99€.
    I know I will try it.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I can recommend King Solitaire, formerly known as 4 Thrones.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    King solitaire is excellent. Ihave it, although it doesnt have powerups, different challenges, achievements, etc. it has a number of solitaire card games though

For people just loving card solitaire games, my favorite is solitaire city by Digital Smoke.

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Someone could make a mint by putting a decent freecell game in the app store. Probably the most played game on the pc worldwide and there is not one good version of it for the iPhone. I'd love to see a Fairway Solitaire-esque game with freecell mechanics.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #14 Coldar, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    A very good game called Solitaire Dungeon Escape: http://appshopper.com/games/solitaire-dungeon-escape . No worries with the timed part as its been for only two games and easy to do. I'm at level 40 and think I've not had any others since. Pretty cool scenes showing doors opening, turning corners, over looking tables with books and candles when levels are achieved. Looks great on an iPad.

There's a free version too.Later add:
    Ok. Did come across more timed levels, took a few turns but cleared it. Does get challenging once into it.

15. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I really enjoy one I play on my iPhone called solitaire block adventure. Another great card game I know it's not solitaire is swords and poker. These both have Rpg elements.

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Someone mentioned Sage Solitaire coming out next week, but there is also Pair Solitaire, by the Domino Drop developer, and Fantasy Solitaire by Beardy Brothers which are both great.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Both Swords and Poker and Swords and Poker 2 are great. Konami came out with a Swords and Poker game that some people liked and others did not. Much of the love/hate was due to freemium model /IAP issues.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    The Fantasy Solitaire doesnt look to have powerups, or other "twists", but i have to admit the artwork alone is probably worth another Klondike Solitaire type game. I wishlisted it and will get it sometime.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I tried Solitaire Blitz by Pop Cap and love the game except I don't like playing against a countdown. Otherwise it was a great game.

20. Prizepots

Prizepots Member

May 25, 2016
    Game Dev
    Casablanca
    May i suggest "Aladdin Solitaire Tournament" which we recently released in the US app store? Here you play a new twist on Solitaire, compete in tournaments, and win prizes...so it's like solitaire on steroids ;-)

Here is the link if you want to check it out:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1102931447