★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Texas Tea - New puzzle / strategy game just released

09-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Texas Tea - New puzzle / strategy game just released

If you like games such as Bejeweled, Jewel Quest II, Trism, Yahtzee and Poker, you'll love Texas Tea™. Texas Tea™ is a unique new game that mixes features of all those games. Match dice using typical poker hands to clear the game board and make your way across Texas from El Paso to Austin for the big finale!

Texas Tea™ is OpenFeint Enabled.

For more info, visit us at www.snakeheadsoftware.com

SnakeHead Software, LLC
It's All Fun & Games!

Please try our apps and give us feedback. We love to hear from you!!
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
It looks interesting. A video would be great.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
It looks interesting. A video would be great.
I assume you trace your "hands" with a trail but can that trail bend or must it always be in a straight line?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks good.........a little spin on the match 3 type game which is really starting to get old unless there is something different which this games seems to have and with openfeint and .99 I will pick this one up today

It always seals the deal for me to try a game when it has openfeint

Last edited by cranker; 09-24-2009 at 01:56 PM.
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Downloading now. Sounds similar to Poker Quest I think it was called, on XBLA. Looking forward to playing this.
09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Just finished playing my first game and so far I like it alot. There seems to be quite a bit of strategy in this game. It's easy to get in the top scores on the first day of release overall a very nice looking and playing game and for .99, definitely worth picking up

the music is not the greatest, kinda bland but that of course is only my opinion............good job !!

edit: Actually, I just played the first level and assumed that the music is the same all the way through the game (like many games) but after looking at the board with the elpaso theme, realized it might change with each new city so I should not comment yet .................I really like this game and look forward to playing some more when I have time.

maybe let us play our own music ? they did a nice jod of ipod integration on Monsterkill All games should have this option.

Last edited by cranker; 09-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.
09-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Bought it. Definitely a keeper.

One thing: I wish I could turn off the hints. I found that I was taking a little extra time to look for better combos and kept getting distracted by the hints. I know that 3 of a kind or whatever is there; I'm just looking for something better. So thanks, hint, I'll keep it under advisement.
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Bought it. Definitely a keeper.

One thing: I wish I could turn off the hints. I found that I was taking a little extra time to look for better combos and kept getting distracted by the hints. I know that 3 of a kind or whatever is there; I'm just looking for something better. So thanks, hint, I'll keep it under advisement.

Agreed, please make that an option as it is very distracting.
09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I agree with some comments I have read in that the game can last much too long and needs easy/ medium /hard with leaderboards for each. This is a really great game but many people want a quick game so adding some difficulty levels will be a key to it's success I think

also why is a flush and straight flush with six cars intead of five ? I guess because is probably the answer just hard to get used to playing poker for years

I hope the dev sees this post because I have unfortunately lost interest in many games. While longer games can be fun once in a while, most people are looking for short bursts of fun, funish a game and get on the leaderboards ...............................