★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Get In The Ring

08-12-2015, 08:15 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Get In The Ring - Brawler

Hello, I'm the sole developer of Get In The Ring, a top-down brawler inspired by the combat system in the latest Batman games, coupled with the constant upgrade progression systems of games like You Must Build A Boat.

A gameplay video:


Youtube link | Pop Up


The first gameplay GIF:



Screenshots:












Last edited by rpmoura; 10-30-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: More descriptive title
08-12-2015, 07:24 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,008
This looks really cool. Hwo far along with the project are you? I already can't wait!

08-13-2015, 01:27 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,006
This looks really promising - reminds me of Capcom's Avengers.. The top down beat 'em up genre is something with a lot of potential that's barely been explored.
08-13-2015, 12:11 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
This looks really cool. Hwo far along with the project are you? I already can't wait!
Hey, the game is two weeks into development... I'll keep posting updates!
08-13-2015, 12:12 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
This looks really promising - reminds me of Capcom's Avengers.. The top down beat 'em up genre is something with a lot of potential that's barely been explored.
Thanks!
08-13-2015, 08:21 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmoura View Post
Hey, the game is two weeks into development... I'll keep posting updates!
Please do
08-17-2015, 06:44 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
New gameplay video:


Youtube link | Pop Up
08-17-2015, 08:10 PM
#8
Cool. It's like 3'Oclock High the game
08-17-2015, 09:41 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,008
Nice video I watched it a few times and noticed one attack so far. Is there going to be punches, kicks and the grab move? Also, maybe having the fighter's attacks extend a little further out might help as far as players knowing where the hit box is and what the range for the attack is. I was also thinking some cool special moves would really liven things up (like a charged flaming dash punch, circular tornado kick, heck....maybe some fireballs for good measure). I'm liking what I see so far though
08-18-2015, 08:49 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Cool. It's like 3'Oclock High the game
Thanks! I'm thinking of a street fighter setting... But the story isn't set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Nice video I watched it a few times and noticed one attack so far. Is there going to be punches, kicks and the grab move?
So far I'm thinking of only having a single "normal attack" move but with multiple attack animations (punchs, kicks, headbutts). What you have to do varies according to the situation: you go around punching and kicking enemies, but you have to quickly tap enemies when they're attacking you or you're dead; when a big enemy grabs you you have to get rid of him before handling the other enemies; etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Also, maybe having the fighter's attacks extend a little further out might help as far as players knowing where the hit box is and what the range for the attack is.
There will be an upgrade system: you start relatively slow and with a short attack range but will become faster and farther-reaching (among other things). Also, the green circle indicates your current attack range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
I was also thinking some cool special moves would really liven things up (like a charged flaming dash punch, circular tornado kick, heck....maybe some fireballs for good measure). I'm liking what I see so far though
Yes! As you create combos a power bar will fill up, unlocking special powers... I like your descriptions for them.