****Ice Flap Penguin 2ND TOURNAMENT: WIN $310 in iTunes Cards! - FREE Download****

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Jorge., Aug 13, 2015.

1. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #1 Jorge., Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Hi All,

We invite you to the Second Ice Flap Penguin Tournament!

Download Ice Flap Penguin for FREE and you could win one of 11 iTunes Gift Cards!
    You could win a prize just for registering!

Ice Flap Penguin challenges you to fly through a field of ever-increasing obstacles, while using awesome elemental powers!

http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_app.html For iOS
    http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_android.html For Android
    http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_kindle.html For Kindle
    http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_nook.html For Nook

Start date: August 13th, 2015
    End date: September 15th, 2015

PRIZES:
    $50 iTunes gift card to be raffled between ALL PARTICIPANTS! No matter the score!

$100 iTunes gift card to the participant in FIRST PLACE with the MOST Icicles survived.
    $40 iTunes gift card to the participant in SECOND PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $30 iTunes gift card to the participant in THIRD PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $25 iTunes gift card to the participant in FOURTH PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $15 iTunes gift card to the participant in FIFTH PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $10 iTunes gift card to the participant in SIXTH PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $10 iTunes gift card to the participant in SEVENTH PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $10 iTunes gift card to the participant in EIGHT PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $10 iTunes gift card to the participant in NINTH PLACE of Icicles survived.
    $10 iTunes gift card to the participant in TENTH PLACE of Icicles survived.

REQUIREMENTS:
    1- You must download Ice Flap Penguin for iOS, Android, Nook, or Kindle to participate.

2- You must become a Facebook Friend of Pers. This step is necessary for us to be able to see your scores during game play. Go to https://www.facebook.com/perscorp and send us a friend request.

3- You must comment in this post: http://on.fb.me/1MpH3kf with the hashtag #IceFlapPenguin (i.e. “I want to participate in the #IceFlapPenguin Tournament!"). ONLY scores of players that have registered will be taken into consideration.

4- You must activate the Facebook feature within the Ice Flap Penguin app and grant the required privileges. If you don't activate Facebook, we will not be able to track your scores. Just click the "Connect" button in Ice Flap Penguin's splash screen and follow the steps. If you have followed all the steps, you will see the Pers' Facebook avatar in the top scores at the end of each game.

5- You must play the game with an active internet connection, so that scores are posted to Facebook.

6- You must fairly rate Ice Flap Penguin in the iTunes/Google/Kindle/Nook store (No review is needed, just star ratings. Though a review is appreciated :)

OTHER DETAILS:
    - Only scores and participants obtained until September 15th 2015 at 11:59 pm EST (Peruvian Time) will be taken into consideration.

- Winners from previous tournaments can ONLY participate if they achieve higher scores than in previous tournaments.

- You CAN use the revive feature to continue playing (revive is only available once, if you have collected enough Dreamsparks).

- Winners will be announced by September 16th and prizes will be sent within two weeks of the contest end date.

- There will be ONLY ONE PRIZE PER PARTICIPANT of the Peruvian and International Tournaments. If a participant wins 2 prizes, they will ONLY receive the higher prize. Their lower prize will then go to the next participant.

- Prizes will be awarded as iTunes Gift Cards for the US and Peruvian iTunes Stores ONLY. If you don’t have a US or Peruvian account, we can send the prize via Paypal or Western Union.

- If there is a tie between the high score or most friends winners, their place will be determined by who collected the most "Dreamsparks" (snowflakes) during a round.

DISCLAIMER:
    This contest is being offered in good faith.
    Please understand that we can't be responsible if scores aren't saved because of network problems, or if the game crashes for unknown reasons during gameplay.
    Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or www.facebook.com/iceflappenguin with any questions/concerns.

HINT:
    The game is tough at first, but once you find a "tapping rhythm" you will be able to fly further.
    Don't forget to catch Elemental Dreamsparks which will help you during game play.

You can view the 1st Tournament here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=224398

We hope you enjoy Ice Flap Penguin and we thank you for participating!

The Pers Team

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Time to get the band back together

3. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Yaaay! Dreadnok you are back :)
    Glad to know you still remember us :)

Yes, let's try to get the old band together. We'll try to contact them via Facebook also.

FYI, for participants from the 1st Tournament: You must surpass your old scores to be taken into consideration in the new Tournament :)

Jorge

4. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Well that's going to be hard considering you added the underwater parts after the last contest and that was a real pain

5. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    But don't forget you now have the "Revive" button, which gives you one more chance if you die, so that makes up for it, I think ;)
    (Revive only appears once per game and only if you collect 150 Dreamsparks first ... so every 3 games or so, you can revive).

The underwater level is not tough, you just need to get used to it. I can make it to 100 easily each time I play (I do have some practice, but I am not such a great player, so I am sure you guys can do better :)

See the video I posted above to know what challenges to expect as you play the game.

Jorge

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Time to flap...

7. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    And he's awake :rolleyes:

8. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks for joining once again, iANiMeX :)
    Let's see if you can beat your own score ;)

9. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I'm not sure if it was discovered in previous tournament, but there's a bug that during game pause power-up time is consuming, e.g. after aquiring bubble shield, you press pause and wait for a minute, and then resume, you'll see you don't have shield anymore.
    Also, there's funny superpenguin behavior if you just don't flap from the start and use revive feature and continue idle.

10. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi Megalitum,

I have reproduced the bug with the pause and I'll fix it in the next update. Thank you for letting me know :)

About the "superpenguin" behavior, I was aware of it (it also happens if you use the water powerup and let the penguin slide), but I found it funny and left it as a "feature".
    Basically, your body is intangible and if you let it touch the floor, as soon as you become tangible, the 2 solid bodies can't occupy the same space and repel each other with great force :)

Jorge

11. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi, I see many of the previous players have joined! Thank you :) :) :)

In a few days, once we have new high scores, I'll start posting updates like in the previous tournament.

And don't be afraid of the underwater level, it is easy! You just need to get used to it.

Jorge

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I have a trick on how to get pass the underwater level, but the question is "Should I share it?". :D

13. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Why not your score won't be beaten any time soon

14. Mayjanelle

Mayjanelle Active Member

Sep 23, 2014
    QA for HP
    BAY AREA
    REVIEWED AS; Mayjanelle
    USA, iTunes store

Very addicting game! I'm hooked

15. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi Mayjanelle!

Thank you so much for joining and I am glad you like the game :)
    I tried to make it more interesting than a regular Flappy Bird clone ;)

In a few days, I'll start posting high scores here.

So far, they are not so high, so plenty of chances to win ;)

Jorge

16. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #16 Jorge., Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  17. Mayjanelle

Mayjanelle Active Member

Sep 23, 2014
    QA for HP
    BAY AREA
    I love this game! I'm not that quite good yet, but I'm trying!!! I've been playing for the last few hours!!!

18. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks, Mayjanelle!
    Well, I saw you at 49 last I checked and that is pretty good for someone who just started :)

There are some new scores not shown on that last pic. I will post updated scores tomorrow.

Jorge

19. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #19 Jorge., Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    And here are the top 20 competitors!
    Keep in mind that we are running 2 Tournaments at the same time (one for Perú and one Worldwide) so we have 22 prices in total.

So don’t give up and keep playing! :)

[​IMG]

20. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    And we have new highscores with Nuz reaching 200, Winnhy reaching 199, and Moises reaching 91!
    Keep playing!!! :)

[​IMG]