Retro Shot

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by manfex, Aug 14, 2015.

1. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    #1 manfex, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Hello everyone!

I'm Joonas, the CCO of Superplus Games, located in Helsinki, Finland, and we're releasing our first game - Retro Shot - in the fall. It's a very 80's inspired casual arcade ball game. Here are some shots! If you have any questions, fire away!

3 game worlds: Laser Town, Technopolis and Sunset Beach
    60 levels of arcade action
    24 balls to choose and play with
    Collect riches and compete against friends
    Original synthwave soundtrack

Thanks,
    Joonas @ Superplus Games

Attached Files:

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Ooooooh....Looks interesting. Awesome 80s retro look. What is your release ETA? Will you be doing beta?

3. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    #3 manfex, Aug 14, 2015
    Good that you like it :) We're still talking with publishers so we don't quite know any exact date yet, depends on who we work with or if we publish it ourselves, but we're trying to get it out this fall. Actually just today we talked about some kind of closed beta with my workmates, so we will probably have one soonish, i'll update this thread whenever we decide on it :) The game is almost feature complete, just some minor things to add and then polishing.

Joonas @ Superplus Games

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi, is it Some sort of mini golf game, because I like that.

5. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    #5 manfex, Aug 14, 2015
    It's sort of a mix between pinball and mini golf so I think you might like it :) you shoot the ball with slingshot mechanic, like in angry birds, and you try to get to the goal area with the given amount of moves, there are obstacles (bumpers, lasers, magnets, repulsors, mines, teleports etc.) and in most levels the goal area is behind a gate, you have to collect coins and when you've collected enough, the gate will open. Some levels are just pure fire-and-forget fun and some area a bit more puzzle-like. As you collect coins you level up and get more skins for your ball and some other bonuses as well. I'll try to make a video next week since the game looks way better on video (it was actually quite hard to get good screenshots), and it will explain it better :)

Joonas @ Superplus Games

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Any chance of procedurally generated endless mode?

7. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    #7 manfex, Aug 16, 2015
    Well, we tried it earlier, but no matter what we did, the generator always ended up making really boring/random levels, so all the levels are now hand made in our own level editor. There are some puzzle elements and it needs some thinking when making the levels. If we get enough love, we will keep the levels coming after the 60 that are in the first release :)

Joonas @ Superplus Games

8. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    Here's a teaser trailer of the game!

9. secredut

secredut Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Wow.. I love your art style. It's really characteristic! Game design also looks good. I'll look forward to it!

10. manfex

manfex Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Composer
    Espoo, Finland
    Thank you :) We have this 80's style going on in the company so also future games will be in that style, not necessarily in this tron-esque style but something 80's iconic, like for example miami vice or something, but we haven't decided the next project yet so it's a surprise for me too ;)

Retro Shot is a pretty solid game, it's fun to play and the download is going to be free so easy to try if it's for you. We're still talking with publishers so the release date isn't set in stone but we try to get it out in the fall.

Joonas @ Superplus Games