★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: How much more do you love your iPhone/iPod Touch because of gaming?

12-21-2008, 11:49 AM
How much more do you love your iPhone/iPod Touch because of gaming?

When I first got my touch, my first impressions were,

"Yeah, this is a cool device. Slim, powerful, sexy as hell. Yes, and it turns on like that, Uh-huh. Ooooo, cover flow *swish swish*. Very nice, yes. Hmmm."

Then I went to the appstore, clicked games, and well, I never wanted to part with my touch since that day.

So, how much has gaming impacted your love for you iDevice?
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
When I first got my touch, my first impressions were,

"Yeah, this is a cool device. Slim, powerful, sexy as hell. Yes, and it turns on like that, Uh-huh. Ooooo, cover flow *swish swish*. Very nice, yes. Hmmm."

Then I went to the appstore, clicked games, and well, I never wanted to part with my touch since that day.

So, how much has gaming impacted your love for you iDevice?
Wrong forum.

Ahh no same here.
I bought mine for the games.

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy

12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Games is the only reason I bought mine, was gonna get the 4th gen nano instead. Good job I didn't.
12-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I have a 1st. gen. that I got over a year ago and I just loved it, but didn't use it all the time like I do now. Now since I've started buying apps. I use it every day to play something or seem to be buying apps. every other day or so. I love playing games on it and hope the games keeps evolving into better and better products. My ipod has become my hobby.
12-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I first considered getting mine for the touch screen/music/video, but as soon as I saw the WWDC keynote, bam, I was sold and I sold my NDS on Sept. 8 to order a 16GB iPod Touch 2G the next day, immediately after the Music Event. Never looked back. I will probably get the iPod Touch 3G, the day of, too. I'll use it for games, as I'm guessing that they will adopt the faster processor across the line, and my current one for music.
12-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I got the first gen. the day it came out. I loved it for music and videos and whatever. Then when the app store came out (July 11th ) I spent 40 bucks (SMB, Tetris, Enigmo, Scrabble) as well as paying 10 bucks for the 2.0 sofware for the 1st gen. Ipod. Then I was so happy with what my touch could do I decided to buy out of my BlackBerry contract and get an Iphone 3G. And Ive never looked back since

"Insert generic signature here"
12-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Well it's interesting, for me at least. I had bought a PS3 and was playing games on it for a while, but then I realized that I was playing more of the arcade games on Playstation Store then the actual titles (same goes for my 360), so since I was moving from Washington State to Indiana I decided to return my PS3 and get a portable device instead. As I was going to the store I was thinking to myself, OK here's the gameplan, I'm going into Wal-Mart and I'm going to return the PS3, pick up the PSP, and then leave. Well I got to Wal-Mart, returned my PS3, and was about to pick up the PSP when I walked by the iPod Touch station that they have and as soon as I went by it my love for Apple and gaming kicked in and I had to get the 16 GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch. I'm loving every minute of gaming on it. It's been the most fun I've had in years on a gaming device, haven't regretted my purchase one bit.
12-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I have a playstation 3 and I dont play it at all. My iphone is always with me and I just love the portability factor that I can't get with anything else. God bless the appstore
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
The App Store has to be the greatest idea Apple has had in a while (a few days at the most ) It is perfect, and I would find gaming on the iPod horrible without the convergence here. The testing process needs tweaked, but I still think that we need it, without it iPhone OS is just as unstable as Android.
12-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I, too, got my first gen iPod touch in the first month of its release. It was a cool device, and I was able to check my webmail, visit my class websites, and check sports scores. The SDK announcement was a nice one, but I had no idea that it would turn into what it has today. Web-app based games were an okay time-waster, but compared to the games today, they sucked.

As an early adopter, I never expected it to become such a fantastic mobile gaming device. My personal experience with portable gaming is limited to the original Gameboy (yeah, the greenish screen with grayscale dot matrix) and the games on my Verizon cell phone. The Gameboy was fine for its time, but over a decade outdated. The Verizon cell phone games.. are worse than crap, and cost data minutes to play. What a load of horse feces.

Gaming on the iPod is just a magnificent bonus. I never considered getting a DS or a PSP, but after playing a handful of iPod touch games, I'm sold on mobile gaming. Or rather, I'm sold on the Touch and the App Store.

Last edited by OmniGeno; 12-21-2008 at 12:51 PM.