★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BeTomorrow
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: In a country atmosphere, be the first bird to fly with a rocket on its back! The funniest 3D game on iPhone and iPod Touch, downloaded more than 4 million times ! Try to avoid cows, mills, farms, trees... Very addictive game...
You can play right now or read the PRESS REVIEWS below !

AppCraver.com
"Rocket Bird hits the mark of a casual, pick up and play game in every aspect its easy to learn, quick and fun to play, and has a simple objective...Rocket Bird is a hidden gem"

Theportablegamer.com
"Rocket Bird is one of those games that is silly simple to get the hang of...which might be part of the definition of a quality casual game: you can pick it up fast, enjoy it, get better at it, yet never master it."

Nodpad.com
"a simplistic game thats beautifully designed and well laid out...The inclusion of online highscores, great visuals, and good controls are all great signs for a great game..."

iPhoneapplicationlist.com
"Hidden gem in the AppStore...Definitely a good candidate to the AppStore's Top 100 bestsellers list."

GAMEPLAY
In a country atmosphere, be the first bird to fly with a rocket on its back!
Your objective is to fly over longest distance catching the stars to fill your tank and to extend your flight.
Avoid many obstacles: cows, mills, farms, trees...

To control your bird, use the accelerometer to move left or right.

Send your scores to check your performance and the worldwide ranking of the best players.
**NEW** Now send your score on your Facebook wall.

Warning...countdown begins...3 2 1 ignition!

Devilishly Good's comments:

Lite Version: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=335560174&mt=8
09-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Haha.. this looks kinda cool actually. Reminds me of the graphics of snail mail. Anyone tried it yet?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

10-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
What no replies yet?

I picked this one up on a whim and I've really enjoyed it. It's a quality title and deserves a few more people on it.

It runs really really smoothly on my iPod Touch 3rd Gen and has a really nice crisp clean cartoony look to it. The UI is nice and friendly, very well designed and presented.

The gameplay? It's pretty much just another "go as far as you can" title, but this is one of the better ones I've played. You use the accelerometer to move left and right to dodge trees, fences, cows, etc. It has a nice mechanic in that in order to keep your rocket going, you have to collect stars. These stars are often a little difficult to get, so it has a nice risk/reward thing going on. You don't need to collect every star, you just need to go out of your way to pick them up occasionally. So, as the juice starts to get low and you haven't seen an easy star for a while, you start to panic and make mistakes

ABSOLUTELY worth the dollar and wouldn't be out of place in the Top 100. They really just need a lite version to kick start the game IMO - and do a bit of self promotion!

Last edited by klicktock; 10-15-2009 at 11:28 PM.
10-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the impressions! I know Prab was really wondering if this was any good or not.

10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah.. I would've TOFTT long ago but it wasnt available in my store (it still isnt available). lol

Thanks for the impressions klicktock

10-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
Doesn't the developer choose which stores the game will appear in? Why would you exclude any region?
11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
This is a really good game, hidden gem

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-05-2009, 11:15 AM
any other feelings about the game?
11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Lite: http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...335560174&mt=8

Try it for yourself now! Its really good

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks eggz