★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Disqus post are being marked as spam

08-19-2015, 01:23 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,565
Disqus post are being marked as spam

I just signed up for discus and I noticed my comments are being marked at spam. I know my comments are pretty bad but I didn't think they sunk to the level of spam. What am I doing wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	91832  

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
08-19-2015, 02:35 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I just signed up for discus and I noticed my comments are being marked at spam. I know my comments are pretty bad but I didn't think they sunk to the level of spam. What am I doing wrong.
First, your comments aren't bad, it's the opposite.
Second, my comments were marked, too.
Third, maybe we have a bored dumbass here, who's doing this just for fun.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
08-19-2015, 02:48 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
First, your comments aren't bad, it's the opposite.
Second, my comments were marked, too.
Third, maybe we have a bored dumbass here, who's doing this just for fun.
I'm holding out hope it was an automatic thing and not related to anything an admin did.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
08-19-2015, 06:45 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Ibaraki, Japan
Posts: 907
Our spam filter is pretty overzealous, albeit with good reason. Was that your whole comment? Not sure what in there is triggering it.
08-19-2015, 06:57 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Our spam filter is pretty overzealous, albeit with good reason. Was that your whole comment? Not sure what in there is triggering it.
Yeah that's my whole comment. Don't worry about it. It ain't no thing. 😀