Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default The "add pages" glitch

I searched and didn't find a thread relating to my problem, so I shall make this one.

As some of you may know, there is a glitch to add more pages to your Touch/iPhone. I will briefly describe it for those who don't know:

Bring the "Voice Recorder" app to your last page, make sure it's the last app (bottom right) on that page. Make sure your first page is full. Drag an icon from the second last page to the last page to push the "Voice Recorder" into the 'twilight zone'. Restart iPod and you now have another page. Rinse wash repeat. (Requires >3.0)

My problem is with the new iTunes. When having the iPod plugged in, you can access the Applications tab for your iPod. With older iTunes, you were presented with a checklist of what apps you wanted to show up. With the new iTunes, you still have this list, but you also have a visual representation of the order the apps will show up on whichever page. Since the iPod has a standard 11 pages, only 11 pages will show on this, even if you look at it while your iPod has 20 pages. Un/checking apps in this page will add/remove them from your iPod. But once you click apply and sync, it not only syncs what game you want added or taken off, but it will also sync the page layouts shown in the visual, meaning that all the pages you added will be gone and your games will be sent to the twilight zone.

Is there a way to avoid this? An alternative method of adding games to your iPod that you already purchased? Redownloading on the iPod itself doesn't work. After you sync again, it gets removed since it's unchecked in the app list.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Not one person out of the thousand+ people on this forum have had this problem? Cripes.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Not one person out of the thousand+ people on this forum have had this problem? Cripes.
Never saw this and yeah I was pissed off that the new OS or itunes(whichever) took off my extra pages
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
I searched and didn't find a thread relating to my problem, so I shall make this one.

As some of you may know, there is a glitch to add more pages to your Touch/iPhone. I will briefly describe it for those who don't know:

Bring the "Voice Recorder" app to your last page, make sure it's the last app (bottom right) on that page. Make sure your first page is full. Drag an icon from the second last page to the last page to push the "Voice Recorder" into the 'twilight zone'. Restart iPod and you now have another page. Rinse wash repeat. (Requires >3.0)

My problem is with the new iTunes. When having the iPod plugged in, you can access the Applications tab for your iPod. With older iTunes, you were presented with a checklist of what apps you wanted to show up. With the new iTunes, you still have this list, but you also have a visual representation of the order the apps will show up on whichever page. Since the iPod has a standard 11 pages, only 11 pages will show on this, even if you look at it while your iPod has 20 pages. Un/checking apps in this page will add/remove them from your iPod. But once you click apply and sync, it not only syncs what game you want added or taken off, but it will also sync the page layouts shown in the visual, meaning that all the pages you added will be gone and your games will be sent to the twilight zone.

Is there a way to avoid this? An alternative method of adding games to your iPod that you already purchased? Redownloading on the iPod itself doesn't work. After you sync again, it gets removed since it's unchecked in the app list.
I hear your pain and, so far, the only way I've found to avoid the little Apple Stormtroopers from knocking out all of my extra pages is to do syncs without add/deleting anything from the new Application tab of the Sync.

Wait a second! You realize that all of your games are still right where you left them, right? Once you add pages back all of your previously loaded games WILL reappear only now all alphabetized (forget your clever previous groupings). So while it will mean a million re-boots to build back whatever you had, no games or, even more important, game data (save, scores, etc.) will be effected. Truth be told with the new search being able to see all of the icons is no longer that important but my biggest reason for needing this is I KNOW I'd forget all about many of my old faves if I could no longer see their icons (or at least forget their names).

Is Apple waiting for OS 4 to simply allow us to add more pages or, GOD FORBID, folders?

Last edited by LordGek; 10-02-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I hear your pain and, so far, the only way I've found to avoid the little Apple Stormtroopers from knocking out all of my extra pages is to do syncs without add/deleting anything from the new Application tab of the Sync.

Wait a second! You realize that all of your games are still right where you left them, right? Once you add pages back all of your previously loaded games WILL reappear only now all alphabetized (forget your clever previous groupings). So while it will mean a million re-boots to build back whatever you had, no games or, even more important, game data (save, scores, etc.) will be effected. Truth be told with the new search being able to see all of the icons is no longer that important but my biggest reason for needing this is I KNOW I'd forget all about many of my old faves if I could no longer see their icons (or at least forget their names).

Is Apple waiting for OS 4 to simply allow us to add more pages or, GOD FORBID, folders?
we can only hope lord gek...I gave up on extra pages...god knows how many games I am missing out on that I don't remember buying
Old 10-03-2009, 08:52 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I have the same problem VoodooVyper, but I have an ADDITIONAL problem along with it. I had 30+ pages of apps on my iPhone. Randomly my phone would get stuck on the never-ending restart cycle, forcing me to restore on iTunes and lose every thing. This occured several times and I believe this was caused by creating the extra pages.

So I know what hidden apps I have, I am in the process of creating a note listing all my hidden apps. I am also considering jailbreaking since it has folder options.

Last edited by PhagoCychotic; 10-03-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
I have the same problem VoodooVyper, but I have an ADDITIONAL problem along with it. I had 30+ pages of apps on my iPhone. Randomly my phone would get stuck on the never-ending restart cycle, forcing me to restore on iTunes and lose every thing. This occured several times and I believe this was caused by creating the extra pages.

So I know what hidden apps I have, I am in the process of creating a note listing all my hidden apps. I am also considering jailbreaking since it has folder options.
30 pages?!?!?! Jeez! How can you afford that?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

^LoL I have a state job with an income that hasn't been furloughed yet. I'll slow down when that happens :P
Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This has nothing to do with the new iTunes, it's the new OS 3.1
It's this exact reason that I've not upgraded my devices. I wish apple would eventually allow extra pages, since already there are games I can't play (flight deck, canabalt) because of the OS.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:28 PM

I really hate the new os and the new itunes, wish I hadn't upgraded.

All the features I liked were taken and nothing really benefits me(so far) with the new OS.

while the new itunes is bugged for me still as sometimes it is not responsive and when I go for a new page, such as clicking a game to look at its page, its overlaps part of the page where I cant even go to the hope page and the only way to solve it is to close itunes