★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's "Clash of the Titans!" Or, rather, "Clash of the Pygmies and Landians!" In cooperation with Bolt Creative, Nine Tales Digital brings you a new spin on their popular Desert Ashes turn-based strategy game, guest starring a powerful Pygmy army defending their territory. The Desert Ashes Landians have passed through a magical portal to the remote islands of Pocket God. The Landians' victory over the indigenous Pygmies isn't as assured as they think. Even with their futuristic weapons, the Landians face a resourceful foe armed with spears who are in turn allies with head-hurling zombies and sharks shooting laser beams!

Play as single player with over 10 hours of game play, or as multiplayer with unlimited play! Level up your army and become Lord of the Pygmies!

davecazz's comments:

Hey Guys,

We just released our latest game with our friend's at 9 Tales Digital called Pocket God vs Desert Ashes.

The game is a multiplayer turn based tactics game that is heavily inspired by Advance Wars where you have pygmies on one side and characters from Desert Ashes on the other.

We actually have a long history with Luc Bernard, one of the founders of 9 tales. He created a game called Mecho Wars in the early days of iOS that I was a huge fan of. Over the years we've stayed in contact and eventually hired him to do game design for Pocket God: The Runs. Luc did some really amazing levels but unfortunately we were way to ambitious in terms of what our team could accomplish and the game was shelved. During that time Luc was pushing to do a mashup game between Pocket God and his characters but we never found the time to put it together until last October.

We're pretty happy with how the game turned out. Luc and his partner Sean worked really hard at creating a kick ass game which will eventually come out on a ton of devices. iOS, Kindle, Android, Steam, and PS Vita and you can play multiplayer matches between any two platforms.

Anyway, tell us what you think. We would love to hear feedback.

Youtube link | Pop Up
08-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Awesome! The usual release time or already out?

08-19-2015, 09:29 PM
it is processing right now so maybe a little earlier than the usual release time.
08-19-2015, 09:35 PM
I seen something about this the other day, I'll have to take a look.
08-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Not showing in the US store yet hurry up App Store!
08-19-2015, 11:39 PM
looks like it just became available
08-20-2015, 12:36 AM
This looks pretty awesome, I'm a huge fan of Mecho Wars.

Edit: On a side note, I know the iOS Mecho Wars released, disappeared then re released, now it seems to have gone MIA again... Seeing the gameplay footage here made me want to play it again, guess I'll have to get this instead.

Last edited by The Son of Anarchy; 08-20-2015 at 12:49 AM.
08-20-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm definitely interested. I'm glad there's single player since that's my preferred method of gameplay.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
08-20-2015, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I'm definitely interested. I'm glad there's single player since that's my preferred method of gameplay.
Same here, 10 hrs of single player content sounds perfect.
08-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Well, let me know what you guys think. Hopefully the game does well and we can add more to the single player campaign.