★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Rated 4 out of 5 Stars - "The sheer variety and amount of things to do and play around with outclass most of the game's peers in this genre." ~ Touch Arcade

*** Top 10 Best New Games List on MacLife.com

Enter the depths of the ancient city of Angor and prepare for battle. Form a mercenary party of adventurers, sell swords, rogue sorcerers and assassins and enlist with an army of Dwarves trying to retake their ancient homeland. Fight in a brutal campaign against goblins, undead, ratmen and the demon lords they worship.

Demon's Rise is a turn-based tactical game where players must lead a party of six heroes through the bowels of an underground city. Battles are intense affairs where the proper use of terrain and cover is as important as the choice of spell or attack.

CAMPAIGN: Battle through 85 grueling levels as you slay demons and the dark creatures that serve them.

CHARACTERS: Choose a band of six heroes from 30 playable character classes. Each class has unique strengths, weaknesses and special abilities.

REWARDS: Uncover the treasures of the old kingdom ... find gold or thousands of possible weapons, pieces of armour and artifacts. Equip them to make your heroes stronger or sell them off and buy something more fitting.

EXPERIENCE: As your heroes fight, they gain experience, level up and unlock powerful new spells and abilities.

COVER / TERRAIN: Position is key to victory. Place your heroes behind cover for protection or next to a magical shrine for extra power.

MORALE: Your heroes and their enemies may panic when they see the battle go badly or enter a berserker fury if they see an ally cut down. Form a tight battle line where your stronger heroes can lend courage to the weaker ones and use intimidation as a weapon against your foes.

ABILITIES: Wizards can launch fireballs, cast protective wards or summon powerful monsters to their aid. Illusionists can trick their enemies into switching sides or make them panic without reason. Mighty warriors can make powerful weapon strikes, become berserk or heal themselves during battle. All 30 player classes and many of the enemies you will encounter can perform such abilities and can use them to turn defeat into victory.

Demon's Rise is a traditional game with NO IN-APP PURCHASES or unfair "pay to win" mechanics. Victory is earned through courage, strength and tactics and not additional spending. Further, all future DLC's and content packs will be provided free to existing customers. However, the base price will go up with each update so buy early to save.

WaveLightGames's comments:

Here's the game's product page: http://www.wavelightgames.com/demon-s-rise.html

Demon's Rise is a tactical, turn-based RPG that places an emphasis on both traditional RPG mechanics such as character levelling and equipment / loot and tactical considerations such as the use of cover, line of sight, area of effect of attacks and morale of combatants. Set in a dark fantasy setting, players are tasked with forming a mercenary party and fighting as scouts on the side of a Dwarf army trying to retake an ancient, underground city. An RPG designed from the ground up for quick mobile play, gameplay is divided into battle levels / encounters that are meant to be played within 10 to 20 minute sessions. Tactics and strategy are in no way watered down, however, as the underlying turn-based combat and morale system is highly developed and rewards intelligent, tactical play.

This will be the official support thread as well for the game. We're hard at work on the first content update for the game and will be regularly posting previews of that update here as well. Thanks everyone ... we're so glad we made it over the finish line. We could not have done it without the tremendous support of the Touch Arcade community!
08-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Very nice, downloading.

08-19-2015, 09:42 PM
I know the dev isn't exactly a major gaming powerhouse, but damn this is good value at $2.99.

This already crazy good week just got crazier-good
08-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys ... appreciate the support. If you do pick up the game, please do take the time to leave a review. It really does help us out tremendously.

Here's the first of many previews for the upcoming free content update ... called "The Dead March". It'll feature 5 quest levels, 8 patrol levels, a new playable character class (Dwarf Dragon Hunter) and lots of new undead enemies. Here is a picture of the Grand Necromancer ... basically a corrupted, human death mage. She won't be physically too tough but will have insanely powerful spells. She'll likely be the most powerful caster in the game so watch out.

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 10.43.38 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr
08-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Alpha/beta was all kinds of fun. Congrats on the launch!

TBS fans, you probably can't go wrong with these combat mechanics. With 24 heroes to choose between (each with five quite unique active abilities, and large differences in base stats and equipment), there is an absurd amount of combo and synergy depth and variety (especially since you choose five heroes per playthrough, and thus have ample and possibly obsessive reason to replay again and again), and the above-mentioned cover and morale mechanics only add to the delightful confusion.

There is an old-school vibe to the quite large amount of character stats that all influence combat efficiency, and when I pull this up on my monitor, I can almost trick myself into believing I am back in the halcyon days of TBS pioneering, the part that was worthwhile for more than just rose-tinted nostalgia. (Until I look down at the touchscreen in my hands and remember that everything is just more awesome today. Chair got it right...)

I might be back with something more akin to a real review (and more balanced impressions. Being an indie title, not every aspect of the game is as polished as the tactical mechanics, and there isn't much of an attempt at a compelling narrative). But fans of tactical turn-based games with RPG elements need not wait further.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 08-19-2015 at 10:05 PM.
08-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Hit the link to download even before reading the thread.
Looking forward to this for a while.
08-19-2015, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Alpha/beta was all kinds of fun. Congrats on the launch!

TBS fans, you probably can't go wrong with these combat mechanics. With 24 heroes to choose between (each with five quite unique active abilities, and large differences in base stats and equipment), there is an absurd amount of combo and synergy depth and variety (especially since you choose five heroes per playthrough, and thus have ample and possibly obsessive reason to replay again and again), and the above-mentioned cover and morale mechanics only add to the delightful confusion.

I might be back with something more akin to a real review (and more balanced impressions. Being an indie title, not every aspect of the game is as polished as the tactical mechanics). But fans of tactical turn-based games with RPG elements need not wait further.
Thanks Ayjona ... really appreciate the kind words and in depth analysis.

Please do let us know where you think we can polish things up when you have time. We plan to support this game for a long time and (hopefully) use the core game engine to make a few more titles so we are eager to improve it in every way possible.
08-19-2015, 10:01 PM
Downloading.
08-19-2015, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveLightGames View Post
Thanks Ayjona ... really appreciate the kind words and in depth analysis.

Please do let us know where you think we can polish things up when you have time. We plan to support this game for a long time and (hopefully) use the core game engine to make a few more titles so we are eager to improve it in every way possible.
I am in!
08-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Great game! Congrats from Brazil!