★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blocked On Article Comments?

08-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Blocked On Article Comments?

So I am blocked from making comments on TA articles in the app???

Error Code: 12
You do not have permission to post on this thread

What? Why?

I still think I should get 'posts credit' for all the witty comments I leave on TA articles.
08-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsoapbox View Post

What? Why?
I get the same error. Once I was feeling snarky so I posted the word "blarg" in the comments for one of those articles that I felt like I was baited into clicking on, from the subject. Next time I tried to comment I got that error. I guess a moderator was having a bad day or something. I've seen Eli drop f bombs in comments. Lame

08-22-2015, 10:15 AM
But that's the thing. I haven't been snarky lately. Here's my last comment on the new frozen synapse:

Quote:
Dang. Already own the original on PC & iOS, but the remake looks pretty sweet. Expensive week for me.
Prior to that I think commented something like
Quote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!
when FF 7 was announced so what gives TA?

I still think I should get 'posts credit' for all the witty comments I leave on TA articles.
08-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Oh I forgot that I also told someone admitting to pirating games

Quote:
Dude. Stealing software isn't cool.
So...

08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
You could just create a new user account if it's that important.
08-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsoapbox View Post

What? Why?
Which thread was it? Some of them are locked and I don't think that shows up in the App.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
08-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
Which thread was it? Some of them are locked and I don't think that shows up in the App.
He's not talking about posting on the threads (that you can subscribe to). The error occurs when trying to comment on the news stories. I get the same error when trying to post comments on any news article.
08-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes. It's on the TA news articles that I'm blocked. I seem to have no restrictions in the forum.

08-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Hmmmm... This does seem weird! Not that I do much commenting on those articles myself! Actually, now that I mention it, I don't think that I've ever commented on any of those articles before! Anyways, I don't think that I have any answers!
08-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Looks like a misclick on someone's part, the Disqus admin kind of sucks. I think someone was trying to ban the guy you were responding to who was bragging about pirating some game.