★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Games with Controller Support?

08-23-2015, 12:09 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Best Games with Controller Support?

I just got Controllers for All to work, and I am wanting to know the games that work the best with controllers.
08-23-2015, 03:27 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
My picks:

MHFU
Space Marshals
Transistor
FF7
Geometry Wars
Goblin Sword
Shadowgun
Tainted Keep
Star Horizon
Fahrenheit
Counterspy
Wayward Souls
Inferno 2

Implosion is ok but i really hate how there isnt MFi support outside of mission.

08-23-2015, 05:39 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
My picks:

MHFU
Space Marshals
Transistor
FF7
Geometry Wars
Goblin Sword
Shadowgun
Tainted Keep
Star Horizon
Fahrenheit
Counterspy
Wayward Souls
Inferno 2

Implosion is ok but i really hate how there isnt MFi support outside of mission.
EP to the rescue! Thanks mate!
08-23-2015, 05:55 PM
#4
I'm really enjoying the recently released Horizon Chase with a controller. Doesn't work for the menus though.

@EP I haven't tried Wayward Souls with a controller. You like it better than the touch controls?

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 08-23-2015 at 05:57 PM.
08-24-2015, 11:41 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
I'm really enjoying the recently released Horizon Chase with a controller. Doesn't work for the menus though.

@EP I haven't tried Wayward Souls with a controller. You like it better than the touch controls?
I dont really want to compare coz both are perfectly implemented. If anything, the MFi buttons are somewhat better than the swipe-to-use-specials command with touch, but both MFi and touch implementations are pretty much spot-on.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-24-2015, 11:54 AM
#6
I burned out my controller batteries twice this weekend on Horizon Chase and Pac Man 256. The beauty of both of those is the touch controls are equally good, but I prefer controller. Transistor I think works better with touch, just about any platformer and dual stick shooter better with controller. Great list btw, EP, I also have to try Wayward Souls with my controller. I never got very far into it, even though I loved it.
08-28-2015, 06:28 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Any more?
08-29-2015, 01:26 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
I really love abusing the perfection the MFi controller analog sticks bring, so here are some of my favorites that abuse them. Some of these i may have mentioned in the previous recommends list already:

Age of Zombies
The Bard's Tale
Bastion
Beatbuddy
Dark Echo
Gene Effect
Geometry Wars 3
Halo Spartan Strike (touch controls suck, but the MFi controls is perfect)
Implosion (no MFi support on menus and equip screens, but the actual missions with the MFi are fantastic)
Inferno 2
Minigore 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Oceanhorn
Oddworld
Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville (this has been pulled, but im hoping you already had this)
Shadowgun
Space Marshals
Star Horizon
Transistor
Wayward Souls
Xenowerk

I hope you have a blast with your MFi controller Sonix!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-30-2015, 01:38 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I really love abusing the perfection the MFi controller analog sticks bring, so here are some of my favorites that abuse them. Some of these i may have mentioned in the previous recommends list already:

Age of Zombies
The Bard's Tale
Bastion
Beatbuddy
Dark Echo
Gene Effect
Geometry Wars 3
Halo Spartan Strike (touch controls suck, but the MFi controls is perfect)
Implosion (no MFi support on menus and equip screens, but the actual missions with the MFi are fantastic)
Inferno 2
Minigore 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Oceanhorn
Oddworld
Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville (this has been pulled, but im hoping you already had this)
Shadowgun
Space Marshals
Star Horizon
Transistor
Wayward Souls
Xenowerk

I hope you have a blast with your MFi controller Sonix!
Oh, I will.
11-04-2015, 09:43 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 567
How about now? Any newer games that have come out that have great controller support?