★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jump Jack - An action platformer where my son saves his baby sister from evil robots

08-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Jump Jack - An action platformer where my son saves his baby sister from evil robots

UPDATE: Release date October 8th!

Hey everyone! Excited to announce Jump Jack, an action platform coming soon to iOS. It's about my son saving his baby sister from evil robots. Check out our gameplay trailer.

Features:

-Extremely fun level based auto runner. (Not an endless runner)

-Very cool combo system unlike any platformer. This system provides high scores, level achievements, and power ups. Possible to kill all enemies in each level within a combo, a super fun challenge! Better than collecting coins.

-Precise controls and great combination of mechanics making for an action packed and strategic touch screen experience. (Shoot, Jump, Sprint, Shield, and Super Jump).

-Three difficulties: Normal, Retro Hard, and Casual Easy. (Something for everyone)

-Testers agree: Challenging but fair level design. Earn your way through each level, a rewarding experience.

-Unlock-able Nightmare Levels for those looking for an insane challenge.

-Competitive Game Center leaderboards.

-Single price point. No IAPs or Ads.

Jump Jack is a game based off a story I would tell my son Jack at bedtime. I started developing the game when we just had our daughter. I would tell Jack stories of him saving his sister to get him excited about protecting his new baby sister. (How cool is that? When I was a kid a dreamed of having a video game made about me!)

About 2 years ago I asked my older brother if he would be down to make a game together. I dabbled in some game design in high school and he is a talented artist. We both grew up playing games together, and living a distance apart we still connect today by gaming online together. Having families and working full time jobs we have done this all in our free time. Even if our game isn’t a big success it is an exciting accomplishment to have made a video game with my big brother.

The process of making this game has opened my eyes to so many great games and developers on the app store. I have also loved getting to know some of the great members on these forums through beta testers and chatting on twitter. This is a pretty awesome community. Let me know if you have any questions!

press kit: http://rossmanbrosgames.com/press

twitter: @rossmanbros @rossman_eric

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rossmanbrothersgames

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
DOWNLOAD JUMP JACK ON iOS
New Project in the works (Love to hear your thoughts)
Twitter: @rossmanbros @rossman_eric

Last edited by RossmanBrothersGames; 09-30-2015 at 03:20 PM.
08-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware. There's a reasonably popular game series on iOS called "Junk Jack". While it's not quite the same as your title, exactly, exposure on the iOS platform is crucial. Having any kind of brand confusion might not be doing you any favors in such a tumultuous market like the app store.

Of course, I wish you only the best of luck with your game!

08-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware. There's a reasonably popular game series on iOS called "Junk Jack". While it's not quite the same as your title, exactly, exposure on the iOS platform is crucial. Having any kind of brand confusion might not be doing you any favors in such a tumultuous market like the app store.

Of course, I wish you only the best of luck with your game!
Thanks for the heads up man. I was aware of that series, though we have been promoting our game with this title for a while. I'm also pretty taken to the name, it's after my son Jack. Hopefully we can set ourselves apart for it not to be too much of an issue, but I see your concern. Thanks for the comment!

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
08-24-2015, 05:42 PM
I've had the pleasure of beta testing this masterpiece and can say that it's DEFINITELY a game to look out for on launch day. Awesome graphics, sounds, and very smooth controls, especially exciting for those of us that love retro games. Quality platformers also seem to be scarce on the App Store which made this one that much more fun to play.

Hope to see this one get the attention it deserves and best of luck!
08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafly129 View Post
I've had the pleasure of beta testing this masterpiece and can say that it's DEFINITELY a game to look out for on launch day. Awesome graphics, sounds, and very smooth controls, especially exciting for those of us that love retro games. Quality platformers also seem to be scarce on the App Store which made this one that much more fun to play.

Hope to see this one get the attention it deserves and best of luck!
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words, and thanks again for the help in testing!

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
08-25-2015, 07:26 PM
This game looks like lots of fun. Definitely keen to play.

Community Manager
Spunge Games
- Twitter - Facebook - Youtube -
Cartoon Survivor OUT NOW
08-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxie@SpungeGames View Post
This game looks like lots of fun. Definitely keen to play.
Wow! Thank you so much, I really enjoyed Cartoon Survivor. I'll make sure to let you know when we release.

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
09-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Here are some screen shots:

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
09-03-2015, 06:57 AM
I saying it after watching the gameplay video, the game reimined me an old good snes game
09-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Wow....very impressive. I tested an early version of this and looks like some amazing progress was made.

Can't wait to play.