★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New Open Feint Account

09-25-2009, 03:11 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
New Open Feint Account

Hi,

I decided to try out open feint today but as I start up an open feint game, it says welcome mybrutelite92xxxx.

So can i set up a new account anywhere?

Thanks
09-25-2009, 03:18 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
That's just the default name given to first time users.

In the OpenFeint dash board, go to settings, and then choose the option to change your username.

09-25-2009, 03:22 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks, but can i create a new account anywhere?
09-25-2009, 03:23 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
I guess you could log out and make a new one?

Idk, not sure exactly the point of doing that though?
09-25-2009, 03:31 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
I guess you could log out and make a new one?

Idk, not sure exactly the point of doing that though?
Sorry, but i want to make a new one because i do not know the password or email attached to this account.
09-25-2009, 03:40 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphine View Post
Sorry, but i want to make a new one because i do not know the password or email attached to this account.
Head to the settings panel and there is a button that says "Change OpenFeint Name"

Type in the new name and hit "Submit"

As long as the name isn't already taken it will become your new username.

(this works on both the new and old versions of OF)

EDIT: you don't need the password or email as all OF games will recognize you by your UDID and log you in automatically.

Last edited by VeganTnT; 09-25-2009 at 03:42 AM.
09-25-2009, 03:42 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Head to the settings panel and there is a button that says "Change OpenFeint Name"

Type in the new name and hit "Submit"

As long as the name isn't already taken it will become your new username.

(this works on both the new and old versions of OF)
So is there no way to create a new account?
09-25-2009, 03:44 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphine View Post
So is there no way to create a new account?
Login with your facebook or twitter account from the OF settings.
09-25-2009, 03:47 AM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Login with your facebook or twitter account from the OF settings.
And if i don't have one of those?
09-25-2009, 03:48 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphine View Post
So is there no way to create a new account?
Not that I know of. You can always tie your account to a twitter/facebook account which would change the login to the facebook connect or twitter connect screens.

If all else fails try http://help.openfeint.com/

There is someone that posted recently asking about making a new account on his old device that he is giving to his son, watch that thread and you'll get your answer