★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zach Gage
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Sage Solitaire is a brand new Solitaire variant that combines the luck and joy of Solitaire with the depth of Poker; lovingly crafted, and optimized for your phone.

**As featured in the New York Times holiday gift guide!**

Named 'Game of the Week' by both TouchArcade.com and BoingBoing.

5/5 Stars A fantastic example of how to make a mobile card game that's unique, fast, and strategic. - Touch Arcade

4.5/5 Stars "Im in love with Sage Solitaire" - App Advice

The free version of Sage Solitaire deals out Single Deck, and Vegas Modes. A single in-app purchase kills ads, and unlocks more modes, wallpapers, and themes that pair nicely with any situation you might be in. So take it with you, Sage is a Solitaire game fit for your life.

"No doubt about it: If you liked Threes you're gonna enjoy Sage Solitaire." - Asher Vollmer, creator of Threes

"I cant stop playing" - The Verge

"Might be one of the best designed games of the year" -FastCompany

"Already taking over where my Threes addiction left off..." ProductHunt

"A great take on solitaire" - SlideToPlay

Klondike and FreeCell Solitaire are great games when all you have is a deck of cards, but you have more than that, you have the computer phone of the future! Our phone screens aren't the size of a table (yet), so why do we have to play solitaire games designed for tables?

Isn't it time we had a solitaire game where the cards were big enough to see and easily touch? Shouldn't there be a solitaire game light enough to play casually, yet deep enough for swapping strategies with friends?

At least that's what I think.
I hope you enjoy Sage Solitaire.

- Five Different Modes (Single, Double, Vegas, Grit, and Fifteens)
- 40 Achievements
- Tons of GameCenter Leaderboards
- In-Depth Statistics tracking synced across devices through iCloud
- Loads of Wallpapers and Card Backs
- Night Mode (easy on your eyes for playing in the dark)

vectorarchitekt's comments:
It's out in the U.S.

08-26-2015, 08:05 PM
vectorarchitekt - you beat me to it! - Here's a direct link. Sage Solitaire is out! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1004646445?mt=8

I'll look into a chill mode for SpellTower. Hoping to do some updates on that soon!

08-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Cool thanks!
Dude, SS is THE card game I have been looking for for years. It's great! Multiple modes, great visual options.
Great work as always. You've done for card games what you did for word games.
08-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Cool thanks!
Dude, SS is THE card game I have been looking for for years. It's great! Multiple modes, great visual options.
Great work as always. You've done for card games what you did for word games.
Simple concept delivered elegantly with great stat tracking.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Nice!! Downloaded and bought, instantly. Hopefully a moderator (or someone with skills) can create a full-fledged thread soon.
08-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Downloaded and (also) bought instantly. Super fun and addictive spin on solitaire. My only issues are that I wish it had achievements and I'm not sure I understand the point of having to make a set from two different rows. Is there a reason to that? It seems a bit arbitrary and is kind of frustrating when you have a great set that you can't use just because of the cards are in the same row.
08-26-2015, 10:36 PM
So good. As mentioned, Sage is to card games what SpellTower is to word games. Excellent elemental elegance.
08-26-2015, 10:53 PM
I saw a relation to Spell Tower and it's nice to see a free game with IAP for full game unlock. Which usually tend to be games that I buy to unlock. So many great games tonight! I might have to call in tomorrow. Lol
08-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Fun solitaire game. Purchased.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-27-2015, 01:36 AM
Love this and instantly bought the full version. So much polish in this game. One thing though what's with the ugly black border around the app icon? Maybe keep it clean and flat like iOS and remove the black border? Please add GC achievements too please.

Don't get me wrong though. The game itself is beautifully crafted!