★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dandy requires at least an iPhone 4s, iPad 2, or iPod Touch 5G.

Deceptively cute, Dandy is a bit of a different take on a 2D shoot 'em up.

Enemies are reactive and their behavior is based on your actions. Going in guns (er, wands) blazing is usually not the best idea. As you encounter new enemies, you'll need to experiment and figure out their behavior, with an almost puzzle like element to getting through each set of enemies. Each map is randomly generated and power-ups are randomly spawned, so each run through is different.

Thousands of power-up combinations, with powerful synergies to discover. Each powerup gives Dandy a completely new look.
Procedurally generated maps make each playthrough different and challenging.
Reactive enemies that force you to strategize. Coming in with guns (er, wands) blazing will often be a bad choice.
Awesome original soundtrack.
Universal App - Buy once to play on all your iOS devices.
Pay Once and Play

wefiends's comments:

We just released our new game, Dandy: Or A Brief Glimpse Into The Life of the Candy Alchemist! Dandy is a perma-death side-scrolling shoot 'em up with stacking power-ups. Different on every playthrough, with reactive enemies that force you to use strategy. We've put our blood, sweat, and tears into Dandy for almost 2 years now, we hope you enjoy.

08-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Haven't posted all day, but I have to ask: Really? No one checked this out? Perma-death side-scrolling shooter with no IAPs and not a single reply?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

08-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Haven't posted all day, but I have to ask: Really? No one checked this out? Perma-death side-scrolling shooter with no IAPs and not a single reply?
Ha! To be fair I posted this around 3 in the morning, hopefully people will come around.
08-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefiends View Post
Ha! To be fair I posted this around 3 in the morning, hopefully people will come around.
They'd better. This looks absolutely brilliant.

Hey...may I ask how big the game is installed, please?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
They'd better. This looks absolutely brilliant.

Hey...may I ask how big the game is installed, please?
Yeah, it's 123 MB once it is installed.
08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefiends View Post
Yeah, it's 123 MB once it is installed.
My money. It is yours.

08-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Sheesh! This does look good! Problem is too many releases do recently.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Sheesh! This does look good! Problem is too many releases do recently.
But this one is actually good, we pinky promise! Seriously though, if you're really into games and you're looking for something compelling, I really think we've provided that here. If you disagree feel free to call me out on it. We're also still looking to make the game better with feedback from players.
08-28-2015, 01:59 AM
This game looks right up my alley.
Shmup + Roguelike. What's not to love.

Instabuy!

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
08-28-2015, 04:12 AM
Has anyone tried this? Get a binding of Isaac vibe from it (I hope) at least!!