★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Out There ONLY $1.99 (get it quick)

08-27-2015, 10:24 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,770
Out There ONLY $1.99 (get it quick)

Browsing the App Store and noticed this amazing game only $1.99 from $4.99

Download
http://appshopper.com/link/out-there

Game Thread
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hlight=edition
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Jayg2015; 08-27-2015 at 10:42 PM.
08-28-2015, 02:37 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Monster Hunter Island
Posts: 5,177
I'm really torn on this one. It looks good but there's a LOT of bad reviews saying how frustrating the game is and the RNG. Sounds more like luck than strategy though there's differentiating opinions.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

08-28-2015, 04:36 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I'm really torn on this one. It looks good but there's a LOT of bad reviews saying how frustrating the game is and the RNG. Sounds more like luck than strategy though there's differentiating opinions.
I got the game when it originally came out and then played it again when the latest update came out. Both times I deleted it after a couple of playthroughs. Luck (or bad luck) plays far too much of a part in how far you can progress in the game. There is little or no skill involved. It is lovely to look at and has a wonderful atmosphere but it is just far too frustrating to have finally built up a fully loaded ship and make decent progress only to have to whole thing grind to a halt when something breaks on your ship and you are left stranded. Again. It really is a pity because if the game was so based on luck it would be excellent.
08-28-2015, 05:22 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I'm really torn on this one. It looks good but there's a LOT of bad reviews saying how frustrating the game is and the RNG. Sounds more like luck than strategy though there's differentiating opinions.
The game is good enough for killing time
Yes it's hard ,you need passions! Smile
08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
#5
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,433
There is more skill/strategy involved than most people ever pick up on. But yes, RNG matters too.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
08-28-2015, 09:23 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
There is more skill/strategy involved than most people ever pick up on. But yes, RNG matters too.
I actually love the RNG in this game, except for the fact that one bad event means you have to start from the beginning. It may be similar in real life where the unexpected can happen anytime, but it's a game and it could be considered a flaw by some.

Nonetheless, despite that flaw, for 2 bucks this is a high quality title with in-depth mechanics.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-28-2015, 12:07 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooro View Post
I got the game when it originally came out and then played it again when the latest update came out. Both times I deleted it after a couple of playthroughs. Luck (or bad luck) plays far too much of a part in how far you can progress in the game. There is little or no skill involved. It is lovely to look at and has a wonderful atmosphere but it is just far too frustrating to have finally built up a fully loaded ship and make decent progress only to have to whole thing grind to a halt when something breaks on your ship and you are left stranded. Again. It really is a pity because if the game was so based on luck it would be excellent.
Same here. It's obviously a quality game but it just wasn't for me.
08-28-2015, 12:25 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,026
Check my other post it seems like there are a few games on sale that are flying under the radar
08-28-2015, 12:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,966
This is a great game, but is very harsh - you are pretty much always just scraping by, making any bad event have a much stronger impact than they would in similar games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-28-2015, 02:09 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,770
I browse the App Store everyday and noticed a few more games were on sale but didn't post. If I knew how to link the games , touch arcade game thread it would be easier