★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crazy Tanks or Tiki Towers

12-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Crazy Tanks or Tiki Towers

I've heard good things about both, but which one do you think has more replay value?

Also, completely unrelated, does anyone know how a game like batman can be ranked so high in the top 100 if it has an average of 1.5 stars?
12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelLikeANerd View Post
I've heard good things about both, but which one do you think has more replay value?

Also, completely unrelated, does anyone know how a game like batman can be ranked so high in the top 100 if it has an average of 1.5 stars?
They're both great, but Tiki Towers is definitely more addicting, IMO.

It's worth buying both, though

12-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Quote:

Depends on what you like, the one is more of a action puzzler, the other is straight arcade shooting action.

Regarding your other question: I have no frickin clue.
12-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote:

Id say tiki towers, but its personal preference
And I think (notice its bold and underlined and italics) it has to do with how many times they have sold the app. A dev. could probably confirm it

"Insert generic signature here"
12-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Tiki towers

tiki towers all the way, at least until the developer of world of goo(hopefully) ports his game to the iphone/ ipod touch. until then, this satisfies my craving.
12-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote:

Tiki Towers was a lot of fun.

As for Batman, has nothing to do with star rating. The star rating is just by those suckers who bought it and then realized it sucked.
It's completely based on number of downloads, which just means too many people bought this.
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Tiki Towers is freakin' great.
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Tiki Towers rocks! I think it might be the first game I've actually finished (and I even did the eco-mode). I just love how you can solve the same level multiple ways and how one little stick can be the difference between perfect and certain monkey death. Seriously, I was so obsessed with this thing that I ended up playing it while in bed last night. And it's only $0.99, you gotta be kidding me, it's really under priced.

I bought this and Rolando the same day, and I found myself choosing Tiki Towers to play whenever I had a spare minute.

So, to sum it up... I love it
12-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm gna buy Tiki Towers.

As for Batman, its because its a brand name. A bit like how EA games and other mainstream games publishers manage to get into the top 100 in their first day of selling an app. People like familiarity.
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Though I don't own crazy tanks, I do own Tiki Towers, and it's great! I think you should get that ^-^

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}